UC entry writing requirement - please help

<p>I have some questions for people who have known about this exam or have taken UC entry writing before (I am in UCSD). This is my 4th time took the exam and I still couldn’t pass the exam. I am not horrible at enlgish writing ( it’s my second language though), but I guess I just don’t have golden tips and methods to pass the test. I have followed the instructors’ ways in writing my essay. Basically a good structure (intro, body, conclusion) and analytical points to prove my saying and using the article to back up my points. But I always ended up 1 point away from passing. I don’t know why. Could somebody please help me and explain how this test work? Because I will have one last chance before the fall quarter begins and I might get dismissed from UCSD. (My current gpa is 3.85, math major, going to 2nd year). Sigh. Does anyone also knows if they will really dismiss me from school? What should I do? I’ve hired a tutor already, still couldn’t pass the exam. :frowning: I’ve worked really hard in college, but I think they wouldn’t care about that unless I pass the exam. </p>