Uc essay info look!

<p>Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are? </p>

<p>Lots of my teachers and counselors tell me that a good thing to write about ur essay is something that’ll make the admission counselors ask themselves “what happened here” by looking at ur app. For ex if you didn’t do that well in a subject and you’ve never gotten that bad of a grade in high school, is this a good thing to write about and kinda explain in a way why this happened and how you learned from it n ****? </p>

<p>PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!</p>

<p>That advice probably works better for the third (and optional) prompt. My understanding is that for prompt 2, you want to talk about something <em>good</em> about yourself.</p>

<p>I don’t know if you would want to spend an entire essay (and a very valuable one) simply trying to explain a bad grade. I think you should accentuate other desirable attributes (leadership, perserverance, etc) that you possess. </p>

<p>If you still want to explain a low grade then try to turn that incident into a positive light, like if you had learned anything or changed into a better person because of that experience.</p>

<p>yea i was thinkin of writin bout my C and that i didnt understand it all even though i hella worked for it…and then after taht year i studied like hella over sumer n **** and got an A in the next class of that subject…
does that sound okay?</p>

<p>Woah man, calm down! You CAN write about why you got a certain grade at a given time in your high school career, but like others said, don’t make it the central point of your essay. A single “C” is not going to be the reason why you get denied from a school, so I wouldn’t even worry about it.</p>