UC extracurricular verification

I know UC verifies extracurricular activities,

but how many percent of the applicants will be chosen to be verified?

around what month are the verification emails sent?

has anyone gotten chosen to get verified?

Since I been a CC poster (last 6 years), I have seen very few applicants that are asked to verify their EC’s (not conclusive data since not all students will post on CC). It is mainly random unless something stands outs on a students UC application. An applicant will usually be asked for verification in December/January.

Thanks a lot !

GCs sometimes gets calls for verification of titles on school organizations.

My kid didn’t get asked for any verifications last year. Then again, a couple of major accomplishments for him, he provided website verification links in the additional comments section.

Do you realize the question suggests you’ve got some reason to be worried? Be honest.

Last I read, they do verify a random %, as policy. (It was in a UC document, but several years ago.)

Sorry but the only thing I’m worried about is missing the verification

They typically come after acceptances have gone out. if you pay attention to your portal, you won’t miss it.

@NCalRent
Are you Sure?

This article says it’s around Dec-Jan

https://www.mercurynews.com/2010/01/30/uc-sleuths-seek-proof-for-glorious-claims-on-admission-applications/

From the blog of a person formerly associated with UC admissions, dated December 30, 2018, not 8 years ago:
“…UC Application verification requests are supposed to go out at the end of December (last year the notification emails went out after the New Year). Check the email address associated with your UC Application and be sure to check your spam/junk folder as well.”

I don’t remember the timing but one of my child’s classmates was asked for verification. He did very little outside of school and was on ASB senior year. They asked for verification from the activities director.