UC financial aid

My family income is 79.2k/year. Although this is cutting it close to 80k, I haven’t gotten any notification of being eligible for the blue and gold program. This is heartbreaking because UCSC is my top choice and I was counting on my eligibility. What went wrong? Someone please explain

So did you get your FA package from UCSC yet?

Yes I did. I got an offer saying they made a “conditional offer”, and they only gave me $2.5k in grants (along with the $12k cal grant).

What did UCSC state was your EFC?

The Blue and Gold covers the following:

If you are eligible, your systemwide tuition and fees will be fully covered by scholarship or grant money. The plan combines all sources of scholarship and grant awards you receive (federal, state, UC and private) to go toward covering your tuition and fees.

Students with greater financial need can qualify for even more grant support to help defray other educational expenses (like books, housing, transportation, etc.).
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So you have your tuition and fees covered with the 2.5K grant which is probably part of the Blue and Gold Program along with your Cal Grant.

Depending upon your EFC, you may get more grant money towards housing. You can also take out the $5500 Stafford loan for Freshman year to help pay for your housing along with your parents contribution.

Have you gotten FA packages from any other schools to compare?