UC in DC Program?

<p>I’m considering a Politics major at UCSC next year, and I was wondering if anyone had information on the UCDC program in Washington? I read the website, but it’s really not that informative. </p>

<p>Is the program difficult to get into? Is priority given to certain UCs? Opinions of people who have participated? It sounds like a really great experience.</p>

<p>Oh I heard this today while at the UCSC spotlight :). I heard it’s pretty competitive to get the spot D:</p>

<p>Shibykin, did they say it was REALLY competitive?</p>

<p>Did they talk about any other politics-related internships/opportunities that UCSC offers?</p>

<p>I believe there was other oppurtunities for that major, but the tour guide didn’t really emphasize the social science department(which is my major Business Management Economics) due to the tour guide being an art major. However she did mention that if you do the UCDC, it costs roughly around the same as being at UCSC. She also mentioned one of her friends got hired from the UCDC thing and is now a lobbyist. From what I remember, she mentioned that you take classes while doing an internship :D.</p>

<p>Okay cool, thanks for the information Shibykin!</p>

<p>UCDC sounds cool >_< I don’t want to travel that far though, and if I were to travel I’d rather do a different country. lol</p>