UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

No idea but I really really hope

my son was admitted to CSE this afternoon as well! congrats!!

4 Likes

Accepted in-state CSE
Nor Cal
3.94 GPA
strong essays, ok ECs

2 Likes

i think those are wait listed with very good stats and extras, you should be happy, good colleges are coming on your way

my nerves are :/// best of luck to those still waiting

1 Like

My son just checked his portal and was ADMITTED for Undeclared, BUT he applied for CS and alternate Software Engineering, so I guess he’d have to prove himself to get into CS. (I’ve read that’s how they do it if you don’t meet the threshold for direct admit to CS.)

I don’t know his exact stats, but he’s straight A’s with all/only Duel Enrollment (college) courses, so pretty much the highest GPA you can get. He’s homeschooled, I’m sure was admitted from the “by exception” category. He has a lot of experience in CS, and maybe not great essays, but unique. We’re in-state.

Best of luck to all.

6 Likes

what time did u get that decision?

UCI is yield protected, in my daughter’s school , aoo 3.7-3.8 or below got in but not 3.8 above and with bunch of ECs.

1 Like

Wait so if you didn’t receive anything in your email or portal its a rejection right?

i think u just click yes on the SIP??? but the waitlist stats are pretty bad so :confused:

2h ago

but then why would they not let us withdraw :frowning:

unfortunately, most likely… But there might be another acceptance wave after the current waitlisted wave.

2 Likes

rejected probably vibes <3

5 Likes

How do you know

we’re in this together lol

with ya friends

1 Like

its ok we’ll survive. UCI maybe cant handle our amazingness

15 Likes

Those who are still waiting: what are your stats?

(I’m waiting too)

Instate
3.8 UW
rlly good EC’s (nationally ranked figure skater)

3 Likes