UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

My Daughter waitlisted for Art also. UGPA around 3.7; WGPA a little over 4.0; got A’s in three CC art classes. Good EC’s but related to music and dance, not art. Just got into UCSC for Art, tho.

Of course, at Michigan, the student-to-teacher faculty ratio is 14:1 (much smaller than UC’s) and you can get your actual classes and graduate early with two minors. And not have any problems finding housing (and cheaper) like some UC locations. :grinning:

hi! do you know if there’s any correlation between getting UCI regents/honors and getting into ucla or berkeley?

No correlation but it means you are a competitive applicant.

1 Like

Michigan is the highest OOS COA I know of. There are also states where OOS is barely more than CA instate (with generous OOS merit aid thrown in it can cost less.). See Utah, Georgia, Oregon State-- and those are fantastic schools!).

In state - rejected for nursing and business. 4.1 GPA

Does UCI generally give much financial aid for households with good incomes, but 2 kids in school at once?

Each school’s website has a Net Price calculator so you can get an estimate of your costs. What is your FASFA EFC with 2 in college?

UC’s can be generous to students for need-based aid which means a combination of Federal aid, Cal grants and UC grants (Blue and Gold scholarship) if eligible but do not meet full demonstrated need.

Does it say on the acceptance letter if you will be getting an scholarship award?

In the admissions portal with the acceptance, in the Scholarships tab it says:

"Your scholarship application is complete. More information regarding selection will be provided to you after the release of admission decisions.

Note: Financial Aid information and award letters will be available at the end of March."

The admissions letter itself doesn’t say anything about financial aid or scholarships (at least for my son, it doesn’t).

1 Like

@Gumbymom Just curious. My daughter was rejected from UCI, still waiting to hear back from UCLA. Her UC application says she is in the top 9%, so my understanding is that she would qualify to be referred for ELC. Who would notify her of this? Would she just lof back into her UC application to see what schools may have space? She does have 2 acceptances at CSUs, so would this affect the ELC with UCs? Hope this all makes sense. Thanks!

Might you please tell me how you can see what percentage they rank? Thank you : )

1 Like

If she does not get accepted into a UC of her choice, then her UC application will automatically be forwarded to UC Merced which is the default campus if room is available.

UC Merced started a new program last year, Grow with UC Merced where they were actively recruiting ELC students before the referral process was initiated. Not sure if they will offer this program again this year.

CSU acceptances have no bearing on UC acceptances.

Yes, from the UC application at the very bottom there is an option to view how your application is viewed. Click there and it tells you.

Ok, thank you. Her major is nursing, so I am sure she will stick with one of the 2 CSUs she was accepted to, but was curious how that worked. Thank you again!

Thank you : ) However the link to view the application does not show it : ( Oh well

This is what you would see: "You rank in the top 9 percent of your graduating class according to UC calculations. We refer to this as “Eligible in the Local Context” or ELC. If you meet the minimum admission requirements and aren’t admitted to any UC campus to which you applied, you will be offered a spot at another campus if space is available. For more information about ELC, visit the "Local Path"opens in new tab page on UC’s admission website. "

It’s not under view application, go down all the way to the bottom of the list and choose “view how your application is reviewed.” Hope that helps. =)

Thank you :slight_smile: Still didn’t work I wonder if her school does not provide that info?

Maybe. I have seen some post that their schools do not provide ranking.

1 Like