UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

So do students admitted off the waitlist don’t get the guaranteed housing? Since most are admitted after May 2nd?

1 Like

I would contact Housing at UCI since I see no information on the UCI waitlist FAQ’s and asked through the Peter the Anteater chat with no definitive answer. Some campuses do offer guaranteed housing and some do not.

2 Likes

that’s a good question! would like to know too

Mine is a first year student now in Public Health Policy!

I don’t think this information has been shared… I just got off a zoom call for OOS admitted students and they provided the following information on this year’s admits:

121,079 Applicants
28,110 Admits
23% Acceptance Rate
UW GPA range 3.87-4.0
W GPA range 4.07-4.28

11 Likes

Any recommended Hotels\places to stay nearby for the campus visit ?

There are plenty of hotels near the John Wayne Airport (SNA) that are very close to campus. If you want a nicer place, you can also look at staying in Newport Beach, but it’s a lot pricier.

3 Likes

Here are a few

Just be aware that if you are doing a google search, don’t select the UCI Medical Campus as that’s a good 30 minute drive north of campus (near Disneyland).

2 Likes

I followed the link thru UC Irvine website and got a discount at the Newport Residence Inn (other options too). I’ve heard the Vea is really nice too.

1 Like

I understand Campuswide Honors Collegium (CHC) having a benefit of priority enrollment.

Is it true that AP credits taken during high school is not considered for CHC at UCI?

Will CHC play any role (or impact) for anyone planning to graduate early, or considering a double major?

Yes, CHC receives priority enrollment.

I’m not sure what you are referring to when you ask about AP and CHC. You can find the courses that AP/IB units apply to on the UCI website.

From the CHC website:

Starting the 4 Year Plan

1 – Get out your General Catalogue for the year you were admitted; look up and make a list of all General Education requirements.
2 – Add all school and major requirements that pertain to the degree(s) you have chosen to complete.
3 – Add all honors course sequences that you will be taking to the list (they are listed in the Campuswide Honors Student Handbook) and correlate how they impact your General Education requirements.
4 – Make sure you look at the Advanced Placement chart in the General Catalogue for course credits and make adjustments for requirements you might have already met (i.e., a score of 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement Spanish Language exam satisfies category VI of the UCI General Education requirement). Also, adjust your list by including any completed college credits from other colleges/universities.

As far as graduating early or a double major, that really depends on your student’s major.

Also on the CHC website:

Make sure you think about your goals and the other things you would like to accomplish (such as complete a second major, a minor/specialization, an internship, or study abroad) while an undergraduate student at UCI. Remember to keep in mind those special interests you want to continue developing and any others you want to begin to pursue (playing the flute, singing in the University Chorus, learning to sail, becoming computer literate, or learning another language, to name just a few).

1 Like

Any feedback on the first year housing? Mesa Court and Middle Earth?

2 Likes

Does anyone here go to Irvine? Worried that it is too much of a commuter school and that my daughter would spend weekends alone? We’re out of state.

The students that stay on campus tend to find each other. If a student is very reserved or reluctant to meet people other than their roommates, they might have a hard time. If a student is open to joining clubs, willing to make friends in their hall, in the dining commons, etc. they will not be lonely.

5 Likes

I really want to attend UCI. I got waitlisted. As a local applicant who lives near UCI, the many times I’ve been on campus has been amazing. I’ve felt really attached to this school especially with the different clubs I’ve volunteered in. Really hope I get accepted to this school by majoring in Biological Sciences.

4 Likes

For the commuters, do they park on campus? Is there a reliable bus route that students take to get to campus?

Priority for parking passes is for students who live farther away from campus.

Anteater Express is a bus that takes students around campus. OC Bus is an option for commuters.

2 Likes

My daughter is likely choosing UCI and will definitely be around. We are in NorCal and she won’t have a car. :grinning:

3 Likes

My daughter got into her preferred major Cognitive Science in Irvine, San Diego and Davis. We are out of state and are leaning towards Irvine due to its Urban setting and campus. The one thing we noticed on our tour is that most of the kids on campus and in our tour were of Asian American origin and my daughter is looking for a diverse student body with a good mix of cultures, activities, sports etc. we did go during spring break so don’t know if that was part of the reason or the commuter question asked here by someone else but would love to hear any feedback or information anyone can share. Thank you!

@krohaka Mine goes there now. If the student puts themselves out there going to clubs and events they will find their people. Mine is very social and joined the Greek system (I did‘t do that). For them it’s been an excellent choice. The Greek system is pretty diverse in all different ways.

3 Likes