UC Irvine Class of 2027 Official Thread

All Engineering majors are competitive. Admit rate for Biomedical Engineering 2022 was 34.2% and Pre-Med Bioengineering was 40.5%.

https://datahub.oapir.uci.edu/Data-Hub/Undergraduate-Admissions-Dashboard.php

2 Likes

Thank you.

What the acceptance rates do not show is how competitive the applicant pool was for each major.

3 Likes

Yes, I noticed several of the UC housing apps are due right after (or even the same day as) the enrollment (SIR) deadline. UCB is also May 2nd. It looks like UCLA was actually due May 1st last year. Hopefully none of those housing apps require anything you’re supposed to receive from some office a day or two after you file your statement of intent to register.

Link given by you has no filters to sort by Majors. It has only by Engg school. How could you come up with 40.5% for Pre-Med Bioengineering. Also it would be good if you could give us # of apps vs Accepted for 2022 Pre-Med Bioengineering.

Filter under report tab where you can select major.

Biomedical engineering: 1454 applicants, 501 admits

Biomedical engineering pre-med: 835 applicants, 338 admits

4 Likes

Yikes! I guess they want to get all of their ducks in a row so they know what they can offer to students admitted off of the waitlist. Either that or they are trying to get students to not wait until the last minute to SIR.

2 Likes

When does UCI regents batch release?

1 Like

Hmmm, I think you may be right on ducks in a row. UCB says first years applying by May 2nd get housing offer by end of May. And the deadline for transfer students to apply is June 2nd. So at least for UCB they are trying to finish up first years before handling transfers (probably partly to know availability). I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s similar at UCI and other UCs.

Still, seems like some first years may get a rude introduction to UC bureaucracy by missing that deadline.

1 Like

@Gumbymom - Could you please tell the number of apps vs admits for Cognitive Sciences for 2022?

2 Likes

@Gumbymom

2 Likes

Using the link @gumbymom posted earlier, under the “Report type” Choose “Major”

3 Likes

What’s the decision time for UCI CHP/Regents today?

Where did you see that it was today?

It releases CHP/Regents on 11th

Highly unlikely they release on the weekend.

1 Like

What’s the probable date then?

1 Like

??? Always the million dollar question. I would say sometime this week.

1 Like

right thank you

2 Likes

Thanks much for this link.
It is so useful.
When I pick the school as Engineering and “by Major”, under “Computer Science and Engineering” Applied and Admit counts are same for all the years. This cannot be correct, right.

The Applied count has an error for sure.

2 Likes