UC Irvine Fall 2023 Transfer Thread

Hey everyone, I noticed no one made a transfer thread yet for UC Irvine Fall 2023 so here it is! I hope this can provide resources and support to anyone else that also applied. Feel free to use the format below as well. I wish you all best on transferring, and good luck! :grin:

Major:
GPA:
Extracurriculars:
IGETC status:

School Type:
Income Bracket:
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.):
Where else did you apply/TAG?:

I’ll start us off :slight_smile:

Major: Psychological Science
GPA: 3.8
Extracurriculars: President of LEO Club, participating in dance program at my CC, volunteered as a TA for a summer enrichment/extended school year program for regular curriculum/special ed elementary students, work 20 hours a week during the school year and summer, had a job in math tutoring then a barista job
IGETC status: Will be completed by Spring 2023

In-state/OOS/International?: In-state (not local tho, from the Bay Area)
School Type: CCC (California Community College)
Income Bracket: Middle Class
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): I got one W on my transcript as I dropped a class during Fall 2022, also got Ds during highschool but my overall highschool GPA was >3.5, also trying to do a 1-year CC transfer! I completed a lot of credits in HS through dual enrollment, AP classes, and taking CC classes during the summer so I have a big head start on transfering :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UC Irvine (TAG), UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, UC Davis, and UCLA

Major: Computer Science
GPA: 3.95
Extracurriculars: None
IGETC status: Completed

In-state/OOS/International?: In-state
School Type: CCC (California Community College)
Income Bracket:
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.):
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UC Irvine, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside (TAG) (accpeted), UC Davis, and UCLA, SJSU (accpeted), CalPoly SLO

Hey guys, who else is anxious for UC Irvine’s results?
Major: Film and Television
GPA: 3.42
TAP: No Tap/No Alternate Major
Prerequisites: Completed
Extracurriculars: Attended a North Carolina Film School called University of North Carolina School of the arts/wrote screenplays/directed class film projects
IGETC: Completed/AA Degree obtained

In-state/OOS/International: I’m out of state but I am California born and received my AA degree from a California community college.
School Type: California Community College
Income Bracket: Lower Middle Class
Other strengths: Screenwriter, Some film and set experience

Hopefully, UC Irvine Transfer Fall 2023 admission decision will come out this Friday, April 7.

I believe only people who did the TAG and Honors TAP Program get it this Friday. Everyone else gets it a week later

correction TAG and UCI Honors to Honors

1 Like

Have you guys applied to any other UC’s?

Hello guys. Hope you are doing well. I am a student at USC, but trying to transfer to [UCI]. I am a pre-med, and I have been working so hard this past two years. Here are my stats. Let me know if you have any questions.
Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 4.0
Alternate Major: Biological Sciences
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: All of them
Extracurriculars:
Clinical Research Assistant at UCSD School of Medicine Orthopedics Department(published a paper and presented it at Western Medical Research Conference).
Department Coordinator and hospital scholar at COPE SCHOLARS MLKCH(soon will be 280 hrs)
Hospital volunteer indirect patient interaction(220 hrs)
Background acting in movies and shows(Babylon movie and two HBO shows)
Director of Presentation at USC Vision for Vision Club
Summer Health Profession Education program(SHPEP)

IGETC status: Completed
In-state/OOS/International: In-state(USC)
School Type: USC Private School
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): I stayed consistent with everything I did. This pre-med journey is very hard guys, but if you stay strong and stay motivated you can do it. I hope UC’s do not reject me because I go to USC and not a CC, but let’s hope for the best. Wish you all best of luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

You have great stats and extracurriculars, so I imagine you’re in the running for admission. But is there a reason you’re transferring from USC? The UC’s prioritize CCC transfers, and since you already go to a great school I think you would need a compelling reason to transfer.

Hi. Hope you are well. The main reason is financial reasoning. When I moved to LA, I expected family aid and some grants along the way. However, my mom got cancer and so she could not help me financially. USC did not help me much, and the education itself is not worth it(considering the tuition). So, I decided to apply to UC’s. I know UC’s prioritize CCC students, but I have worked very hard this past two years, and I believe I hope things work out.

That makes sense. Sorry you had to go through that! Did you mention all of this information in your application, like in the essays or additional comments?

Yes additional comment. Wbu? What UC do you want to transfer to? What CC you attend? Whats your major?

I didn’t have any extenuating circumstances that I mentioned on my application. I go to a cc in Northern California. I applied as an economics major and I have a 4.0 gpa. I’m also doing TAG with UCSB and I only applied to UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UCSB, UCLA, UCI, and UCSD

Wish you best of luck

You too!

Major: Business Admin
GPA: 3.83
Extracurriculars: Econ Club, Business Society, Business Experiencia
IGETC status: Done

In-state/OOS/International?: In state
School Type: CC
Income Bracket: Middle
Other (Strengths, weaknesses, hooks, etc.): Basketball player
Where else did you apply/TAG?: UCR TAG, SDSU, SJSU, CSULB, Pomona

1 Like

does having a 4.0 in major prep help my odds or do they primarily look at total gpa ?

Are some of the decisions for UCI admission coming today? What time are the decisions usually published?