UC Irvine Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

OMG I GOT IN TOO!! I checked in portal and there’s status update

6 Likes

Are you serious? My daughter is out right now and asked me to check. Plus if I’m paying for school I have every right to. This is my 4th child going to college and I did the same for the others. Not sure why you think it’s a problem.

5 Likes

Not lying:

the campus wide honors thing is separate if you guys really need it, but I would never lie because I know how stressful everything is

25 Likes

Just portal, didnt get an email

1 Like

where did u see in the portal? i dont have a status update yet

1 Like

Think they may just be rolling them out. Be patient yall

5 Likes

I just find it odd that it is not a big roll out

1 Like

do they roll out in 1 night? or might it be over weeks?

2 Likes

Idk tbh

My daughter got accepted to Claire Trevor School of the Arts, Drama, with Campuswide Honors!

10 Likes

does that come out before other decisions? and congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

Did the people who got accepted, got accepted with honors?

4 Likes

Did students need to apply to the honors program separately? I have a feeling my son ignored that email.

1 Like

I believe its part of the regular admissions process (at discretion of school) and not a separate application process.

Edited to add: Admission Requirements for Incoming Freshmen | Campuswide Honors Collegium
"The Campuswide Honors Collegium is a community of motivated learners dedicated to scholastic excellence and personal growth that is supported by the resources of a major research university. The unique opportunities provided by the Campuswide Honors Collegium for students to learn and engage with other talented and motivated students and with faculty in a supportive, learning community help students get the most out of their education and achieve ambitious goals.

Admission to Campuswide Honors for incoming freshmen is by invitation. No additional application beyond the UC Irvine Admissions Application is necessary. Selection is based on your UC Irvine application.

Another option is to apply to Campuswide Honors once you are a student at UCI. Once you have completed a quarter at UCI as a full-time student, you may be eligible to apply. Many students enter the program in this way. For more information on how to apply once you are a UCI student, click here."

3 Likes

If today is the honors acceptance, and it looks like it is, regular decisions should be a week from now if going by last year’s timeline.

2 Likes

Were you admitted to campuswide honors?

does everybody who applied for honors receive it or just those accepted?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, it was on another tab. We are local and very happy for her!

2 Likes

There was an honors interest form emailed back in December. Asking if you were interested in the honors program. You had to fill it out with your UC applicant ID I believe.

i think honors was basically just a check box to say yes, please apply me for honors…seems like they are accepting those who got it, but if you didn’t get honors you will likely hear next week on regular admissions

6 Likes