UC Irvine or UC Davis? Please HELP!

I am an undeclared major for Irvine and Economics for Davis. However I am not set on the major yet (most likely go to Econ or Science field) and I really don’t know which UC to pick. I visited both of them and to be honest I like them equally. Please share some Pros and Cons of these two UCs and help me out, thanks so much! Both of them have similar ranking and have majors that I am interested in. I am considering the Academics and location. Which one has students that are more studious on academics and has more approachable professors? Also, which one will be a better location to find an internship (possibly business related) and jobs? Please let me know what you think! May 1st is coming and I have to pick a school! :frowning: I also got accepted to Oxy, USD, Lewis and Clark and a few other private schools and liberal arts.

Both are excellent schools that will provide different but equally valuable experiences. What I list as a pro might be the first thing on your con list. For example, Davis has a football team and Irvine doesn’t. I think Football gives the students something to rally around, a few events to go to, etc. Maybe you hate football or don’t care.

I think you have plenty of information to make the call.

Follow your heart, there’s no wrong choice.

Thank you! Yeah I am not a football fan so that’s the other reason I think Davis and Irvine do not have a huge difference in terms of school activity. Hopefully I can come to a conclusion soon!

I am also struggling with this decision! These are the two schools I’ve narrowed it down to.

I hope we both find a resolution soon! Good luck with your decision!

Davis is a HUGE biking community and everyone seems to like it.

40K bikes on campus at Davis. Bike parking at the restaurants and activity centers.

My DD loves Davis. All 3 of my kids got into Irvine, but it wasn’t a good fit for any of them, and they are all so different kids.
My middle daughter goes to Davis and loves it. She likes access to the bay area and to the sierras.

Older son chose UCD over UCI for many of the reasons posted above. Pick the school where you feel the most comfortable since you will be there for 4 years. You cannot go wrong with either school.