UC Irvine vs UC Davis

<p>cal poly can MAYBE compare to UCSC. other than that.. no</p>

<p>@StateSchooled- Yes I believe that is true since UCI still is young. UCD is 100 yrs old and has already had its reputations built as far as prestige goes.</p>

<p>cal poly can MAYBE compare to UCSC. other than that.. no</p>

<p>@StateSchooled- Yes I believe that is true since UCI still is young. UCD is 100 yrs old and has already had its reputations built as far as prestige goes.</p>

<p>You guys are clowns.. Cal Poly denies students that easily get into Berkeley. I went through this with Purest already.. Cal Poly's engineering dept is easily more reputable than UCI, UCSB, UCD, UCSC, UCLA and in most casesCB, and UCSD. Cal Poly's architecture is top 5 in the nation including Ivy's, and Cal Poly's agriculture dept is better than all the UC's with argument to UC Davis... Cal Poly is at level with the middle tier UC's (Davis, Irvine, Santa Barbara) if not better. It has a lower acceptance rate than all of the middle tier UC's as well. Cheers! The UC system is getting over run with Orientals ahhh.GohZilla</p>

<p>for serious? Cal Poly is in line with Ivy? That sound ridiculous to me (haven't done research), but theres a reason people want Berkeley LA, Stanford, MIT, Caltech and not Cal Poly.</p>

<p>I agree with Oop about Cal Poly and its engineering, agriculture, and architecture programs. But besides those programs, it does not compare to Berkeley or the Ivies.</p>

<p>Ivys suck at Engineering anyway; the only ones worth mentioning are Cornell and Princeton.</p>

<p>UC Irvine recently let undergraduates major in business administration: <a href="http://www.editor.uci.edu/08-09/intro/intro.5.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.editor.uci.edu/08-09/intro/intro.5.pdf&lt;/a>. However, the major being new, there's only relatively few spots (150) for it although the acceptance numbers will be higher than that.</p>

<p>For more information: UC</a> Irvine | The Paul Merage School of Business</p>

<p>Theyre ranked the same at USNWR right now, but it seems like UCI is probably going to be ranked higher than UCD. both UCI and UCSB and much more selective than UC Davis and I believe UCI is more selective than UCSB as well. I dont know if selectivity has anything to do with rankings, but I definitely think UCI and UCSB would both be good for premed because of their medical schools (I dont know if thats what youre interested in)</p>

<p>uh cal poly is not in the same class as UCD/UCI/UCSB.</p>

<p>I agree with Jmilton...</p>

<p>According to Cal Poly SLO's website:
"U.S.News & World Report named the College of Engineering the nation's top public, non-doctoral engineering school in its 2008 Best Colleges rankings."</p>

<p>I guess the value of this statement would depend on how many other schools fit the description. Also, according to their website, they admitted 45% of applicants. </p>

<p>I think Oop was on the right track - just failed to mention all the limitations in the rankings. Long Beach State is top 3 in the west for public, masters colleges - but I wouldnt compare them to an Ivy. </p>

<p>I would probably be embarassed if I started my comment out with "you guys are clowns" but didnt research or qualify my information. </p>

<p>The original post inquired about B-schools and an MBA. Those rankings are as follows:</p>

<p>Stanford
Berkeley
UCLA
USC
UCD
UCI</p>

<p>I would expect UCSD to be in there somewhere sooner or later. Thier B-school is new, but seems fine. </p>

<p>In terms of Economics, UCSD is in the top 10 nationally.</p>

<p>WHere did UCSD come into this thread?</p>

<p>UCSD is actually ahead of every school you guys have mentioned for engineering except for Berkeley and Stanford.</p>

<p>source: USNWR</p>

<p>Purest, why isn't UCSD alumni salary higher than Cal Poly SLO's?? ??? ??? ??? Forbes.com</a> Ranks Cal Poly #3 Public in National Compensation Study</p>

<p>Cuz we are barely 50 yrs old</p>

<p>And also because we at UCSD dont plan on just ending education there we go onto professional school. 10 years from now you can look at that statistic again. Look at our alumni giving rate its only 7% so you surely cant rely on comparing our alumni.</p>

<p>... If UCSD is such a better school than Cal Poly, then why dont its alums make more $ than CP's? It shouldn't matter what your alumni giving rate is, which I highly doubt its 7%.</p>

<p>Go visit the colleges first and then decide...
Just a heads up... Davis is really really boring. No joke. my friends complain about how boring it is at UCD. the campus is pretty but the city is not very interesting. and the weather is cold.
I personally would pick UCI. I think they have a really good business program too. and yes they are growing really fast.
and age of the campus doesn't matter. I believe ucd was founded before ucla but now ucla is a better campus generally than ucd...
so just visit and do a bit more research on the strength of the particular major at each college.</p>

<p>Oop go read USNWR and look how much lower ranked Cal Poly is than the UC's if you really wanna bring up stats. No one is going to care about random online sites you can pocket. and Yes you can keep trying to doubt cuz it IS 7% according to USNWR.</p>

<p>G'Day</p>

<p>You probably wont even get into Davis so why am I arguing with someone like you haha.</p>