UC Irvine vs UC Davis

<p>UCSD is the best UC you could go to...Now before everyone gets all crazy, lets face the facts..</p>

<p>UCB is great academically, but your surrounded by competitive nerds and you live in a foggy old town...</p>

<p>UCLA is great in many ways, but if you take the sports away from it, its not as great....LA also has horrible pollution and the traffic is horrible...</p>

<p>UCSD is has a great reputation, great location, and great professors.</p>

<p>as for cal poly, haha please. we are talking about UC's not state schools lol</p>

<p>yeah oop why do you even post on the UC forums. Go boast cal poly with the other CSUs.</p>

<p>It depends on the field right. Cal Polies are known for engineering.</p>

<p>UCSD is a good but I dont think it compares to UCB or UCLA. UCB and UCLA are ranked higher according to USNWR and are a lot more prestigious (in my opinion).
UCB and UCLA are pretty old schools while UCSD and UCI are the third and second newest. Both UCSD and UCI quickly became prominent schools very quickly and could possibly tie with UCLA in the rankings after some time when they stop being seen as "young" universities.</p>

<p>honestly why do ppl even consider rankings...unless you have asian parents XD
but... each UC is good. they each have things that attracts ppl.
for me the rankings should be
Cal=LA=SD=Irivne=SB=Davis=SC=Riverside
merced is new...so it'll become equal too after a few years</p>

<p>peabeeandjay, i see it more as</p>

<p>Cal=LA
SD
Irvine = Davis = SB
SC = Riverside = Merced</p>

<p>^ same as tkd</p>

<p>The UC's are broken up into 3 categories...</p>

<p>CAL
UCLA
UCSD</p>

<p>UCD
UCI
UCSB</p>

<p>UCR
UCSC
UCM</p>

<p>I think its kind of unfair to break them up into 3 categories, except for the middle one. Yes, according to the rankings, UCD, UCI, and UCSB are all tied with eachother, but UCSD doesnt really belong in the same category as UCB and UCLA (the 2 of which are very similar) and isnt UCSC ranked higher than UCR? or is it the other way around?</p>

<p>^^^ who cares about the ranks. Its about a good match and enjoyable experience at the school. it shouldn't matter that your school is ranked higher or lower then the other schools. </p>

<p>BTW, Cal Poly is an excellent place to study engr'ing. My dad graduated from there!</p>

<p>Yeah UCSD doesnt necessarily match up to UCB/UCLA overall but I think it definitely deserves more credit than being grouped with the other 3 mid tier UCs</p>

<p>I second wat brandoiscool.
its all personal preference...all the UC's are fine...its wat you make out of ur college experience
and cal state schools are great too :D again, personal preference</p>

<p>Business is a major where the school you graduated from can make a difference in your career - even more so when you are talking about an MBA. </p>

<p>This thread began with a question about econ programs. UCSD is the strongest econ program in California. For business you have multiple top tier picks and a few second tier picks. Many MBA's will tell you that an MBA must be from at least a tier 2 school to make it worth your time and money.</p>

<p>I've always been wondering. Its true that all these colleges are good, but its also the competition. If you were always in the top 5% of your class in high school, then you would be used to associating with those sorts of people. If you went to a state school, then you'd be meeting people from the 15-25% of your class, which is not a bad thing, but its just DIFFERENT. You're not going to be making as many connections with people who have more potential to become quote on quote "great".</p>

<p>Purest- You said I probably wont even get into UCD.. I have friends with worse stats than me that have gotten into Davis. Dont make assumptions that aren't correct. You didn't get into UCSB.. HAHA. I dont think you deserve to be at UCSD, if you aren't even good enough to get into a mid tier like UCSB. LOLZZZ</p>

<p>CA Rankings:
UC Berkeley
UC Los Angeles</p>

<p>UC San Diego</p>

<p>Cal Poly SLO
UC Santa Barbara
UC Davis
UC Irvine</p>

<p>UC Santa Cruz</p>

<p>UC Riverside
UC Merced</p>

<p>Rest of CSU's</p>

<p>Grouped like that</p>

<p>This is for Oop.....</p>

<p>I read your little Forbes article and it said that cal poly SLO ties for the 3rd spot with UCLA and UCSD in future incomes. So it definitely does not beat them.</p>

<p>I have been to Cal Poly SLO and can assure you that UCR would kick it's butt in academia, let alone UCSB, UCD, and UCI. Look at the RANKINGS, your school is probably not even a tier 2.</p>

<p>At the end of the day, your at a state school, don't bump heads with the big boyz at UC's, take it like a man and move on.</p>

<p>Oop... again, stop transferring your anger deep down that you didnt understand the simple concept of Early Decision and in response, ranting on the UC threads when you have no affiliation with them.... AGAIN go to the cal states threads and compare there cuz quite frankly no one cares about you on the UC thread. </p>

<p>As for me not belonging at UCSD... um is that why I'm currently receiving a GPA considered .7 points higher than the average of freshman there?? </p>

<p>Go to cal poly. Be happy. Stop coming back to UC threads or we will all just assume you have an anger deep down to be like one of us. The end. Goodbye.</p>

<p>I do not go to Cal Poly. I have no commitment with Cal Poly. All I am saying is that I think it is funny to watch how mad you get at the thought that Cal Poly is just as good as most of the UC's. If a school provides 97% of its alums a job within 1 year of graduation, you can pretty much assume that Cal Poly grads seem to be desired in the work force. And then when Cal Poly alums take a higher salary than UCSB, UCD, UCR, UCI, UCSC, and UCM's alums, I dont see how you think Cal Poly isn't comparable to the UC's. Cal Poly ties UCLA and UCSD in alumni salary. Thats pretty impressive considering a lot of you think UCLA is tied with berkeley as the best UC.</p>

<p>I applied to UC's this year as well. I personally would easily pass up UCSD, UCD, UCI, UCR, UCSC, and UCM to go to Cal Poly SLO.</p>

<p>maybe the reason why 97% of graduates from Cal Poly get employed within a year is because UC graduates move onto GRAD schools to further their education.</p>

<p>I admit its just quite fun arguing with you haha.</p>