UC Merced is recuriting Top Faculty!

<p>I am so excited to find out that UC Merced is aggressively competing for top faculty. Below is a list of prior universities where current UC Merced professors use to perform research and lecture.</p>

<p>Boston University
University of California at Santa Cruz
2 - Washington State University
Cornell University
University of California at San Francisco
Ohio University
University of the Pacific
University of North Texas
George Mason University
Union Institute & University
2 - Stanford University
University of California Los Angeles
Florida State University
Northern Arizona University
Claremont McKenna College
University of Arizona</p>

<p>I’m not sure why anyone would be surprised that UCM professors are accomplished. I have found that most UC professors have similar profiles whether they teach at UC Santa Cruz or UC San Diego. There are exceptions, but in general, all UC professors are very bright and have impressive backgrounds.</p>

<p>Cali’s quite right.
The UCs have quite accomplished professors who are rather well-known and respected no matter which UC they are teaching at.</p>

<p>But I do have a lot of UCM pride, and the school is faring amazingly even in its infancy (:</p>

<p>its just that its in merced…</p>

<p>@ajdavidson07
Thats a little rude! What do you mean by that?</p>

<p>I believe it means that although UCM is a good school, the fact that it is located in the city of Merced detracts from its desirability.</p>

<p>savethemanatees, seems that that happens with ucd too.</p>

<p>Bay:</p>

<p>I understand your pride, but critical thinking is needed here. Just becos a faculty member used to be a xx college, does not make them necessarily a “top faculty”. 2) PhD programs crank out thousands of grads every year, most of which have zero chance of finding an job in academia. Thus, any UC school, which is the best public system in the world, should have no problem finding good faculty from anywhere and everywhere. But again, just bcos that PhD graduated from Stanfurd, doesn’t make him/her “top” faculty (which requires lostsa research).</p>

<p>OTOH, I have little doubt that the Deans at Merced brought in highly qualified folks.</p>

<p>blue, the universities listed are not where they went to study, but where they last taught and performed research prior coming to UC Merced. You need be more supportive of your UC brothers.</p>

<p>yeah, I get that Bay. But being a post-doc at NAU is nice, but…</p>

<p>couldn’t pay me to go there</p>

<p>^Well I hope you turn out to be the top lawyer in the nation then.</p>

<p>Hm… bagelsbagels… why not? if they had given me money and school didnt cost me anything at that school, I’d choose to go to that school immediately (= But thats mostly because I’m running into financial problems )=</p>