UC Merced vs. Cal State Universities?

<p>any thoughts?</p>

<p>Is this even a serious question? Obviously a UC. UC system has way more opportunities and resources available than CSU’s.</p>

<p>depends on your major and or which csu’s. ifits engineering/ cal poly, than i would go with cal poly. </p>

<p>research or give us more info</p>

<p>I’ve heard bad things about Merced…really bad things.</p>

<p>^ what likes its new? or its out in cow country? thats prob about all the bad stuff</p>

<p>just as I thought, it is not a slam dunk that it would by UC Merced</p>

<p>I understand that certain departments at Cal Poly SLO are very very good</p>

<p>and Pschollar what are the bad things that you heard about UC Merced</p>

<p>That its not accredited. Its definitely in the middle of no where. Why would you want to go somewhere where there are only 3,500 people who attend? If I’m going to pay for college I want the college experience along with the education, in my opinion the school doesn’t offer it. Its in the lower tier of the UC system and there are better CSUs for sure. Thats just me though.</p>

<p>yeah I would avoid Merced if just for the fact that all the rejects were lumped up and sent there. I’d rather go to a cal state where people wanted to go to then a school full of miserable folks.</p>

<p>What makes you think that people that go to Merced are miserable folks? You are deeply delusional, my friend.</p>

<p>^Yeah. I know multiple people who either go there or have taken classes there and they all really like the place.</p>

<p>Which CSUs did you get accepted to?</p>

<p>I have the same question actually. I have been accepted to Humboldt State, CSU Chico and UC Merced but I don’t know where to go. I’m not sure which school would help or hinder my chances at getting into a medical school…</p>

<p>Isn’t it too late to be making a decision? May 1 was the official date to SIR</p>

<p>Getting into med school depends on your undergraduate grades, your activities, and your references. Students come to med school from all walks of life and colleges</p>

<p>If your major is pre-med or biology, UC Merced would be best.</p>

<p>I’m a transfer so my date to SIR is June 1. And my major is Psych but I am considering adding a minor in bio or just finishing all of the pre med req’s. Thanks for the reply btw!</p>

<p>From all anecdotal reports, Pomona, SLO, CSUF, and CSULB all are better than UCM academically. </p>

<p>However, for premed, Merced would be best.</p>