UC Merced vs UCR vs SJSU

I need some help deciding on which school to go to for my major - Comp Sci

I currently live in San Jose so commute between SJSU is about 20 minutes away and UC Merced is about 2 hours while UCR takes 4 hours. I’m not too concerned about the campus itself because they all look good to me. Also tuition isn’t a problem for me.

What I’m really looking for is the university that has the best comp sci department (out of those three of course). I’m looking for a balance of in school education and some hands on experience as well. What really appealed to me is some clubs and groups that work together on CS projects and stuff so it would be nice if the school had a well developed club or some group of that nature.

SJSU is really close by and from what I heard about it, it has a relatively “good” computer science program with a lot of opportunities to get some real world experience. Besides that, I don’t know much about the other two.

Feel free to offer me any suggestions and advice, I really need it.

For comp sci, SJSU definitely. The program is quite good, you don’t need to worry about housing if it becomes an issue, tuition is much lower, and you’re surrounded by internship opportunities. I don’t know why you’re debating!

I second SJSU. Excellent CS program with the best location for internships and jobs.

Thanks!

SJSU without question for your major, and Silicon Valley proximity.

If I lived closer to UCR than SJSU would you all still recommend SJSU?

CS is very competitive at all 3 campuses. What are your qualifications?