UC Merced Vs UCR

<p>There is an Idaho? I thought it was an imaginary place like Canada.</p>

<p>I don’t think the med school will really boost UCR’s prestige.</p>

<p>In what way will the med school affect UC-Riverside’s undergraduate statistics? Also, the UCR med school won’t be selective in its first few years. It cannot choose to be a “selective” med school as it will be relatively new.</p>

<p>LOL @ Purest, cp and jason
thanks 4 the laugh</p>

<p>I think it is a bit insulting to UCR to compare a top ranked University with 20k students to a recently opened University with a fraction of that.</p>

<p>There are some 2000 or more colleges in the U.S. and Riverside comes in at #96. I’d say that is pretty commendable. Like stated earlier, UCR is just put down because it is being compared to UCB and now UCLA. In reality, these two UCs are the only UCs that are known internationally. The other UCs are boosted up by the “University of California” label, but few outside of California and the CC forums really know the “rank” from Berkeley to Merced. </p>

<p>Does anyone here really know the rank of the SUNYs?</p>

<p>Its pretty sunny in socal rite now Cali Trumpet, idk wat u mean by SUNY.</p>

<p>^ exactly his point; not even the New York University system can compare to that of UC’s</p>

<p>o ya
i heard of it
the only state public systems that i have heard of are the UCs, and UT(only Austin)</p>

<p>I don’t understand why people feel the constant need to put down other system or other universities to boost their bias toward their own affiliation. If you never heard of SUNY system you are just ignorant. The same can be said about UC on a SUNY board.</p>

<p>Well comparing the UC system to the SUNY system is a bad comparison. I was simply stating that in the real world outside of elitist college boards, the UC system is represented as UCB, UCLA, and the rest. </p>

<p>The UC system is world renowned, whereas the SUNY system is not. I think people SHOULD know that the SUNY system EXISTS, but it certainly doesn’t make them ignorant if they don’t know much or any information about the system. </p>

<p>Their top ranked school is behind 8/10 UC undergrad campuses, which says something about the difference between these two University systems.</p>

<p>When will UC merced get ranked?</p>

<p>like by US news and such?</p>

<p>not any time soon. they need phd programs, and enough of phd graduates to be ranked by US News. I don’t think they even have a master yet.</p>

<p>I know this is really off-topic. But my friend last year was rejected to Berk, LA, SD, and Davis. He only applied to those 4 for some reason. His application was then forwarded to Riverside and Merced, and he is going to Merced now. </p>

<p>Can anyone confirm that this is true, or if they saw this happen before?</p>

<p>I can’t confirm personally, but I’ve heard from others that anyone who is rejected from all the UC’s they apply to are automatically considered for UCR/UCM. I thought it was true.</p>

<p>It is true, but only if you are a resident of California, meet the A-G requirements, completed all required tests, and were in the top 12.5% of your graduating class.</p>

<p>I am pretty sure the condition is if you are in the top 12.5% of California’s graduating class, not your personal graduating class. They determine this by minimal SAT 1&2 scores and a 3.0 GPA.</p>

<p>Alright, that sounds like it would make more sense.</p>

<p>yeah it happened to me, I got rejected from the UC’s but the UCR apparently got my application n said I got accepted into the engineering school. Is that engineering school really good or what?</p>

<p>Birdslapper: BCOE is one of the top universities in the nation and 86 in the world. It has a partnership with GM and Toyota in Hydro cell fuel</p>

<p>BCOE is UCR’s engineering school</p>