UC mid year report question

<p>Hi</p>

<p>I’ve read that uc’s don’t require a mid year report for seniors in high school</p>

<p>however, to make a long story short, I ****ed up earlier in high school</p>

<p>my grades as a freshman were pathetic (2.333 gpa first semester freshman ) but became better and I had a 3.750 gpa as a junior
my overall 10-11 weighted gpa is 3.496</p>

<p>As a senior, I got a weighted 4.25 gpa at the end of this first semester</p>

<p>so I really want UC’s to see my first semester senior gpa</p>

<p>so my question is</p>

<p>even though uc’s don’t want mid year reports</p>

<p>can I have my counselor send them mines anyway? (since my grades this year represent the culmination of my improvement?)</p>

<p>This is correct. The UCs will just require a final transcript, and if that doesn’t match with the info you provided on the application, your acceptance can be rescinded.</p>

<p>I don’t know if they have a way to handle that additional information. I’ve read on other threads that some students who’ve (in past years) considered themselves “on the bubble” for acceptance or rejection have received requests from UC to submit that kind of additional information.</p>

<p>I’d speak to your GC about it (if you’re in CA, he/she might have some perspective.)</p>

<p>can i send the mid-year report in anyway? will it harm my chance for admission into UC’s?</p>

<p>i want a finite answer cause my counselor is quite plainly put, a ******bag in general</p>

<p>UCs don’t calculate 9th grade grades into your GPA. Also, they give extra points in the review to an improvement in grades. I think you’re in good shape.</p>

<p>thanks for the reply/information</p>

<p>however, i’m still wondering if i can send my mid-year report in regardless</p>

<p>No. It will be discarded. they have no method for entering them nor is it part of the decision process. </p>

<p>In the infrequent cases where midyear grades are requested, augmented review for Cal or UCLA, they provide a web link where you enter the senior grades - no forms get sent. If they don’t ask, you can’t force it into the system. sorry.</p>

<p>I just got the e-mail for the supplement today. Is that abnormal? Everybody seems to have gotten it way before me.</p>

<p>supplemental for which UC?</p>

<p>nevermind sorry disregard my last post!</p>