UC OOS: Which Campus?

<p>Hey everyone, I’m from Virigina, Middle Eastern, attend competetive private school in D.C. Chance me for UC’s and which campus would suit me. GPA: 10-11, UC gpa 3.5 SAT II"s: World His-710, U.S. History-750, Lit-690 SAT I- 1310/2010 ACT-29 10-11, 3 ap’s and 3 honors, Senior schedule just 3 ap’s, (should i take more?) EC’s: Varsity Soccer, President and Founder of Finance Club, President of Peace in the Middle East club, Speech and Debate, various minor awards, nothing major. 200 hours of community service at homeless shelter, this summer internship at world bank, plus taking cc courses, (which do they go on ur 10-11 transcript.) I want to major in econ/ir or econ/history. Oh and I hope my essays and recs are good as well. If i had a chance at Davis, Irvine, or SB that would be great. But any UC I would like as well.</p>

<p>I think your UC GPA too low for Berkeley and LA and San diego. But i think you have pretty solid chances for SB, davis and Irvine.</p>

<p>The only problem is.... I'm not sure if its worth it for OOS.... If you're planning to go to UCLA, Berkeley, or even UCSD, i think it would be worth it. but not sure about SB, Davis, and Irvine... much more expensive for OOS.</p>

<p>yeah, i'm oos too and i've gotten into UCD so far
i mean i was estatic when i found out and my stats are pretty similar to yours
but i might not go (which is depressing the crapola outta me) because we didn't get any financial aid and the cost of going to ucd oos is REALLY Expensive >>.<<</p>

<p>UCs are notorious for not giving adequate finaid. Of course, it's a matter of being public schools. I sympathize for OOS students; the costs are outrageous.</p>

<p>UCI-Slight Reach (OOS, low GPA)
UCD-Slight Reach (OOS)
UCSB-Match</p>

<p>If you're from Virginia, don't you have the options of going to U of Va and Virginia Tech? Both would give you roughly the same if not better educations than the UC's you're aiming for, at $10,000 less per year.</p>

<p>I would agree with other posters here that going to a UC OOS isn't really worth it unless you get into Berkeley, UCLA, or maybe UCSD. The three look a bit out of your reach. Also you probably won't get much financial aid which means the UCs will be expensive for you. I would go for UVa or another in-state school, or a private school OOS.</p>

<p>Peppers, </p>

<p>how is UC Davis harder to get into than UCSB? I thought UCSB is academically better than UCD.</p>

<p>I'm from Pennsylvania (OOS) and my parents are not willing to pay twice the amount just for me to enjoy the California sunshine. I would not recommend going to an UC as an OOS unless you get into UCB, UCLA, or..... maybe UCSD. </p>

<p>It's not worth it. There's tons of great colleges in VA that will probably be academically better and cheaper, thus more suitable for you.</p>

<p>^<br>
Correct.</p>

<p>kiwieux, i dont mean to bother you, by why did you say in a UMASS amherst post that you might not go there before it is a 'total scam'?</p>

<p>UCD seems to be forceably cutting its admissions numbers this year. If you'll look at how thick the "rejected, sad" threads are in the subforum, and how considerable the people's statistics were, it'll be amazing if UCD had a 60% acceptance rate this year. UCSB and UCD are actually "academically" tied in the US News rankings, although some things might impact this. UCSB has a disproportionate amount of Nobel Laureates at their school, and is heavily research based. UCD has better graduate programs in sciences and engineering. Both would affect the overall ranking on USNews.</p>

<p>K anyone what about uc santa cruz.</p>

<p>Bump Bump Help Bump</p>

<p>I'd say you'll get into UCSC no problem.</p>

<p>UCD, UCSC, UCI, UCSB, UCR = match
UCLA, UCB = moderate reach
UCSD = 50/50</p>