UC or SDSU Honors Program

<p>I have received a letter stating that I am eligible for the SDSU Honors program and have already been accepted to the school, but still must apply for the honors program. I applied to some UC schools as well. I was wondering, what would be better: going to a UC school, or SDSU with the Honors program?</p>

<p>Hey. I received the letter too, great job! I just got done applying. I have you received any UC offers. The essay is really nice and easy to write. The application takes about 1 hour if you count the essay. I am soo excited about SDSU if the Naval Academy doesn't happen. </p>

<p>Apply Honors, I'm already applied, it is so easy to apply and it looks like such a great program. All of the study abroad opportunities are available to Honors too!</p>

<p>YAYY SDSU</p>

<p>SDSU w honors would be better than Santa Cruz, Riverside, Merced, Irvine, or maybe even Santa Barbara. But I believe any other one, including Davis, would be better.</p>

<p>Good Luck, please respond so I know you're reading this.</p>

<p>What are you interested in studying in college? Do you hope to go to graduate school?</p>

<p>Oh yes, I plan to major in East Asian Studies and would like to study abroad in China. My goal is to earn a Masters of Pacific International Affairs from UCSD.</p>

<p>I believe the UCs have an excellent study abroad program, although I don't exactly know how that works out at SDSU. SDSU is nice, but again it will depend on what kind of UCs you are admitted to. Those in the second or first tier would likely be better choices if you are an East Asian Studies major (if you were business, I would have some inclinations towards SDSU). Still, it depends on which ones you like more. Graduate school depends a lot on your undergraduate GPA, and if you can get into honors, they clearly expect high of you at SDSU. At the same time, if you go there and find you'd be miserable, then even a third tier UC might be a better choice if you find it better there.</p>

<p>^I agree with Peppers 100%.</p>

<p>does anyone know anyone who's in the honors program and can tell some info?</p>

<p>My sister was in the Honors program her first couple years. She said the only real benefit was priority registration for classes, which ended up being a life saver (SDSU is disgustingly overcrowded).</p>

<p>Personally, living in SD and knowing exactly what type of people attend SDSU, I would never want to go there.</p>

<p>I am currently at SDSU and was in the honors program. The honors program is weighted down with pointless busy work that does not benefit anyone at all. It is simply something extra for people to do who do not have social lives out side of academics. If you consider yourself a smart or well rounded person then you attend sdsu and join one of the many great student organizations that will teach you something important.</p>

<p>I’d pick any UC over any CSU (with the exceptions of UCM and UCR) regardless of honors.</p>