UC Personal Statement thoughts?

<p>I composed this personal statement. Anyone have any thoughts? What do you think of it? applying to top-tier UCs (UCB, UCLA, UCSD)</p>

<p>PERSONAL STATEMENT</p>

<p>I have never been the type of person to take “No” as an answer. From my earlier days, until even now, I always tended to state my case and never give up without a fight. . My parents mostly have to put up with this and think I do a great job at presenting myself that I should be an ambulance-chasing crooked lawyer. Ironically, I always tend to lose my arguments, yet as persistent I am with my arguments, I am the same with my future. These characteristics fueled my motives to become a successful person in this lifetime.</p>

<p>These characteristics of mine really influenced my accumulation of only one thing I wanted: money. Every birthday, and holiday that I received money, I would hold on to it and save it all in the Bank. I was never the type to spend. One of my greatest feats was in my sophomore year of high school. I started my own screen printing company where I created custom apparel and sold it. This required me to spend money before I could make money and live at the risk that I could potentially lose everything I had. I brought in customers, I would stay up late hours on weekend and make shirts. I was addicted. The way I was making money so rapidly and how easy it was for me blew my mind. My father has always told me I was a natural businessman, just like him. He told me I had the potential of making millions, just by the way I got along with people and my communication skills. I then knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Ever since my father told me that, I started reading the Wall Street Journal and I even checked the stocks daily and had brief conversations about them with my family. Motivated by the potential that I had, I started to venture out and look for more opportunity to make money. Opportunity knocked early in my Junior year when the City of Anaheim hired me to be part of their Community Service Department and put me in charge of one of their gymnasiums in Anaheim. At age 16, I had a government job that paid me well, and I was academically motivated to study hard and get the best grades that I possibly could so my dream of pursuing business could become a reality. </p>

<p>To this day, I am still motivated to make my dreams a reality. In this world we live in, money provides security. I believe if I utilize my entrepreneurial spirit I can achieve so much and provide this security for myself. By this “entrepreneurial spirit” I mean take nothing and turn it into something, just like my father. He came to the United States with only a thousand dollars in his pocket, but later maximized that and is now working for a multi-billion dollar company. I am a big believer in the so called “American Dream” and I believe I can create more opportunity for myself costarring the quality of life I have compared to my father. I am inclined to pursue a field in business and fulfill the words that my father said to me many years ago. </p>