UC Personal Statement

<p>Hello, I’m applying to the UC as a transfer student.</p>

<p>Is the third part of the UC personal statement optional?</p>

<p>If not, is using less than 500 words okay?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>The Additional Information section is optional.</p>

<p>I bet admissions would be thrilled if applicants used less than the maximum words allowable for the personal statements or optional section describing particular hardships or other vital info. I think it says somehwere in the app. instructions that you ahould only fill the optional section out if necessary so if you don't have something impt. to say there, you may want to leave it blank.</p>

<p>Try using up all 1,000 words. I don't know what you mean by third part (I'm under the impression that there are only two essays this year?) but you should strive to complete it as best you can. People would kill to have 500 more words to use to "wow" the colleges, don't waste it</p>

<p>The thrid part is for explaining something about your app that may not be apparent. It is not mandatory. I suspect most people should leave it blank. My son, who homeschools, will use his to explain about how we came up with the grades.</p>

<p>Oh, its not an essay? I never filled that part out. If you don't have anything to say (and think, if you have ANYTHING to say, put it down, since it likely only helps you), then don't waste a reviewer's time by putting fluff. I don't think you should worry about the length of that section, but if you have something, I reiterate the point that you SHOULD put it down.</p>

<p>Alright, thank you everyone for your input. I actually called and they said it was optional. I'm finally done! Now I have to wait! AHHH!</p>

<p>Most applicants should no fill out the additional information section. It is there to explain a different grading scale, term system or similar issues. It is not a place to add additional information that should be or would not fit in the personal statement.</p>