UC Prompt #2 Freshman

<p>Here is my second prompt explaining my world. Tell me what you think about it, please give feedback.</p>

<p>PROMPT #2</p>

<p>"Sam you need to learn to pass the ball” my coach would say to me every Saturday at the East Anaheim Gym. I loved the game of basketball and played in as many leagues as I could. There was just something about this Gym. When I quit the sport of basketball, I knew this Gym was an important part of my life. It was 6 years after I had quit, that I found myself working at that same Gym for the City of Anaheim’s Community Services Department. To think someone like me could work for the City at age 16; it was crazy. It was after I got the job that I realized that my life was just better than many of my peers. </p>

<pre><code>I came to the conclusions that I did have it better than a lot of people out there. As I have grown older and realized that things in our world arena’t just given to us, but rather worked hard for. I strongly look at things in an economic perspective. I realize food is expensive, and gas is even more expensive! However, my family never had to worry about providing these daily things that I take for granted. It just happened to be there and I just accepted than didn’t’t think too much into it. It was until after I got the job and started to assume responsibility for my gas, and daily expenses that I realized how hard my parents work to give us these things we take for granted.

In the 1950’s a couple in the Peace Corps was assigned to my fathers family in Iran. It was not until the 70’s when my father immigrated to the United States to live with the family in Minnesota and attend school. With only a thousand dollars in his pocket he came into this country and made a life for himself. In addition to going to school, he worked grueling hours on school nights, weekends, and holidays just to pay for his tuition. He worked so hard to get his school paid for and he eventually did and he landed a job right after school. The same immigrant that didn’t’t even speak English and had nothing in his pocket was now working for Eastman Chemical Company on the corporate level in the sales department.

My father’s journey has inspired me to be successful. His story has taught me no matter who you are or where you came from, you could make it here in America if you are willing to try. His story has fueled me up with burning motivation to be as successful as possible. Life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed, yet I know with my motives and intense drive, I could secure many things in my life and create opportunity for myself to succeed.
</code></pre>