UC Reading Application and Scores

<p>Hi. Thanks for all those who contribute to this forum it really helps me, this is my first time posting.</p>

<p>I would like to know when the UC will start reading the applications. I am very scared because I have only two Sat test out that is sent, two subject test that is pending for this month. I am afraid that my standby ACT test and Dec, ACT test retake will not be seen by the UC admissions officials. When does the readers start reading? After Nov. 30? Or right when they send them? I really don’t have everything packaged together yet because of those test scores flying everywhere.</p>

<p>And also would anybody care to read my Essay? I believe it is pretty good compared to other cliche essays.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for reading.</p>

<p>It's perfectly alright if you opt to take the December test. </p>

<p>According to the UC applications help site </p>

<p>University</a> of California - Admissions</p>

<p>The last ACT date to take is (Dec. 13 ACT Assessment plus Writing test (last date for fall 2009 freshman applicants to take test))</p>

<p>The December 6th SAT is the last available for both Reasoning and subject. </p>

<p>It doesn't matter when they start reading the application. Just make the deadlines and you will be fine. </p>

<p>I'll read your essay to comment on it. However you should ethically know:</p>

<p>1). I'm also a UC applicant.
2). However, I've already wrote my essays (I applied Early Action to a school already) </p>

<p>It's completely up to you whether you want me to read them or not. Good Luck.</p>

<p>The UC filing period is November 1st through 30th. If they're like most schools, they'll read applications as they come in. Gryffon's right--Just be sure you make the deadlines.</p>

<p>I'm applying to the UC's too... Good luck! ;]</p>

<p>No I am pretty sure they won't read the apps until they receive everyone's score reports. If they do so, it will create an unfair advantage to those who send their apps/score reports earlier. Only schools that practices this process are those with rolling admissions.</p>

<p>We will start to read the applications as early as possible. If you application is incomplete, since the exam scores aren't submitted, your application will be read at a later date or completed at a later date.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. Thanks especially to you "UCD Admissions". UCD is actually my number one choice. Gryffon5147 I will pm my essays to you later for your read.</p>

<p>I have a question to you though UCDA. If my application is incomplete due to the later test date, would a later read lower my possibility into Davis? Since many people are already accepted before they even get to read mine, won't I have less chances? Or it just doesn't work that way.</p>

<p>We don't make admissions decisions until all applications have been reviewed completely. A later review date will not have any effect on your admissions.</p>

<p>Oh okay, so there is no disadvantage to those who turn in their SAT/ACT scores after the December test date right? </p>

<p>And UCD Admissions, what are the criteria for being awarded the regents scholarship at UCD? I've been accepted into UCD as an ELC student and I was wondering how competitive I would be for the regents scholarship</p>

<p>Do the UC’s wait until they have your final Midsemster grades before they make a decision. Since you submit in November if they have the Grade report and all the SAT’s etc, can they make a decision on that or do they go back and check everyones final mid year report for regular admissions.</p>