UC Regents

Do you know when UCs announce Regents scholarships? UCR has already announced but was wondering when other UCs would do it.

Thanks!!

I know that UCLA has already sent out Regent scholarship invites out yesterday. I’m not sure if they are being sent out in waves.

Thanks! Do you know about any other UCs?

Last year Berkeley sent out their Regent’s email on Feb 11. The student then had to set up an interview and was given 3 locations. On the campus, in Los Angeles and in San Diego. My son received Regents at UCSB and UC Davis and got it in the mail early March. He didn’t have to do a special essay or interview.
He did end up getting it at both UCLA and Berekeley too. UCLA he was chosen after he submitted anothe essay and a letter of rec and Berkeley he did the interview. Both the school’s notifiy the student if they did recieved the scholarship on the schools regular acceptance day when all the applicants find out if they get in. Hope that helps!

Good Luck!! Regent scharships at all the UC’s have some great perks!!

Thanks @sunflowermom! This is very helpful.

My son was invited to apply to the UCLA Regents Scholarship.
But I saw the following in the body of the e-mail.
What’s the likelihood of being accepted by UCLA if one’s invited to apply for the Regents Scholarship?

“Please note that this invitation to apply for the Regents Scholarship does not constitute an offer of admission.”

Given that UCLA accepts the top 16-18% and Regents invitations are sent out to the top 1-1.5%, it’s pretty safe to assume that if they are thinking of giving you a scholarship, they’ve probably already decided to admit you (unless you really drop your grades or have a major disciplinary issue). :smile:

UC Berkeley sent out their regent invitations.

UC Irvine up on the portal

Just some random thoughts. I am guessing it is not just the scores/grades but also what major you have applied to get Regents. For example someone who may have applied to Computers Engg may not get it but if the same person had applied to say Bio or Chem Engg might get it?

@ukitake123‌ did u mean that UCI’s regents decision are on the portal already or just whether you got admitted?

Regents decision on the portal; and @sm577501‌ pretty sure the college/major you apply under matters

UC Santa Barbara also sent out regents last week. Now just waiting on news from UCSD and davis

UC Santa Cruz sent out their regent invitations last Friday.

@ClassOf2015HS‌ did you receive your packet yet and is it on the portal?

@ukitake123 They sent it via email.

I just got a regents acceptance letter from UCSB. Still waiting on Davis and San Diego.

Apparently UCSD already started calling for regents. Are they done calling yet?

I received the UCSB Regents Scholar acceptance letter yesterday. It was postmarked for the 22nd.