UC Riverside Class of 2025 — Regular Decision Date: March

From analyzing previous years. I have seen that acceptances go up till the end of March, the latest I saw was March 26th. Hopefully, there will still be acceptances as I wait too.

1 Like

I would look at Niche, both for the University and the city.

I am

Current UCR student here :slight_smile:

On-Campus: Every Wednesday in the main quad there’s a club fair, loads of organizations (Greek life, professional orgs, cultural orgs). Living wise, avoid West-Lothian for the dorms but everything else is really nice. The overall Lothian dorm has a Starbucks next to it + a small grocery store. Dundee is the newest and AI is very much a traditional dorm (also the closest to campus and next to the gym). In terms of resources, therapy (free) /doctors on campus (not free), wellness services, a REALLY nice gym (with loads of classes, I really like the SoulCycle LOL), and a police department on campus for safety. There’s a couple classes in a movie theatre which is cool! I would suggest bringing a really cheap bike because they get stolen easily but there’s no campus bus service (it’s a smaller campus)

Off-Campus: Kind of shady right around campus, but it’s all in perspective bc I come from a nice-ish suburb and had to acclimate. Don’t go more than 3-4 blocks down on University Ave. There’s a really pretty hotel everyone goes to in the winter to take pictures and also a restaurant called Food Lab. Riverside is 1 hour away from SD, LA, etc. I like it because I can go anywhere but won’t get distracted. You’ll need a car to go anywhere though. I personally wish it was more of a college town

4 Likes

Do you know anything about the honors housing? How are the academics and the attitudes of professors/students? Do females generally feel safe on campus? Are there a lot of reported muggings? My mom went here and she said there was a lot of mugging and car theft on campus. I don’t know how true this is now though and from your description it seems like a good school.

When are decisions coming out?

3 Likes

Same question!

1 Like

Honestly! I’m hoping for good news soon but it looks like they’ll keep us waiting an eternity

1 Like

Does anyone know when UC Riverside decisions come out?

Well, they started the first day of March and are said to go till April but usually finish by end of March. Most of the decisions are out but some like myself are still waiting with growing anxiety :’)

Me too. Gotten rejects and waitlists so far. UC Riverside is my last hope or getting off waitlists. 3.5 UW, 3.8 W, 1250 SAT, 25 ACT for business econ at UCR, how does my chances look. Also for getting off waitlist for Cal Poly Pomona.

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else but it seems all the kids that got accepted to UCR in my town are getting the welcome letters addressed to another student, even though the information on the envelope is correct. My daughter’s friend actually got her letter. Weird.

Wait so are only waitlists/rejects left to come out or will there be more acceptances?

1 Like

According to UC Riverside, they send admissions till April not specifying whether they are rejects, waitlists or accepts. However, viewing past discussions and years I’ve seen that the admissions tend to go all the way up till the last day of March, including acceptances. Not losing hope yet!

1 Like

My son got mail in a real envelope (which was a surprise) and the information was accurate. The form letter was ungrammatical in one place where they filled in text “it is important that you Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by May 1, 2021” Missing verb, but maybe the bold part was filled correctly by other colleges. I’m not complaining. He was waitlisted by UCSC, not admitted by UCSB, and we’re still waiting to hear from Davis.

Thank you. I was just curious. Seems like an odd mistake but I am not complaining. My kid got waitlisted at UCSB but thankfully got into UCI. I actually prefer the major at UCI (environmental science and policy) over the one at UCSB. I also would love for her to be close to home, we are from the OC but I dont think she shares this same feeling…

We’re in the SF Bay Area and UCSC would have been ideal (we’re also waiting on Davis). But maybe it’ll be an adventure if my son gets to live in Southern California. UCSB was his stretch goal and it would not have made sense to apply to Irvine given our distance and the low likelihood that he’d get in. The only thing that could make a difference now is an acceptance from Davis.

Does UC Riverside consider the alternate major? I hear that many Uc’s don’t consider it

Yes UCR will consider your alternate major. Here is the uC breakdown for alternate majors in case anyone else is interested.

UC’s and Alternate majors:
UCB:
Division (L&S, CNR, CoC, CED, CoE) matters for admission selectivity.
Within CoE (but not the other divisions), major matters for admission selectivity. Changing majors within the CoE after enrolling is not guaranteed, unless one is CoE undeclared.

Alternate majors are not considered.

UCD:
Applicants are encouraged to list an alternate major, but not in the
same area as the primary major (e.g., Computer Science Engineering with alternate Computer Science in the College of L&S). Occasionally, we admit to the alternate major.

UCI:
UCI admits into the University first and then into the major. In the case that UCI is unable to accommodate all qualified applicants in their first-choice major, those students who indicate a valid alternate major may be offered admission in that major or Undeclared.

UCLA:
UCLA only guarantees review of an applicant’s first-choice major.
We typically do not admit to the alternate major.

UCSD:
The campus does not admit students on the basis of academic major or choice of UC San Diego undergraduate college. Alternate majors are considered and capped majors are highly competitive. Also note: Capped majors require additional pre-req courses and specific GPA to be able to qualify if changing majors. Also if applying to a capped major, select an non-capped major as an alternate.

UCSB:
College of Engineering: Students are selected by major for all engineering and computer science majors. Only applicants with a solid background in advanced high school mathematics will be considered for admission to engineering. This includes high grades in all math courses through grade 11 and enrollment in pre-calculus or higher in grade 12. A student not selected for their first choice major will be reviewed for admission to an alternate major outside of the College of Engineering if one was selected.

UCSC:
Important Note for Prospective Engineering Students: Choice of major does not influence the selection of first-year students, except for those applicants interested in a major offered by the Jack Baskin School of Engineering (BSOE). Freshmen who are interested in a BSOE program should be sure to indicate a BSOE proposed major. Students who do not indicate a BSOE program or who apply as undeclared might not be able to pursue a BSOE program.

UCR:
Admission by major but alternate/2nd choice major will be considered if applicant does not Meet their first choice admission standards.

1 Like

“Admission by major but alternate/2nd choice major will be considered if the applicant does not need their first choice admission standards.” Does not meet or does not need? Just making sure. I applied for Business Econ as main and Econ as alt, being so similar would it be a disadvantage or help me?