UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does anyone have any info on the housing contract due May 10th? Like how much is the deposit fee and such. Thank you!

Do we know on when does UCR starts processing waitlist

I don’t, sorry! I was admitted through elc and don’t know about the waitlist for ucr.

for admission through elc, how does ucr know what major the student wants?

Most applicants would have the same or similar major listed on their UC application for the other campuses they applied. If room is not available for the listed major, then UCR and even UCM would offer ELC referrals alternate majors.

My son was also offered admission last week without applying–after hanging out on the UCSC waitlist for weeks! He has SIR’ed and I am wondering will he be eligible for an Honors College invite or is it too late, @Gumbymom ?

According to the website the application deadline has passed but you could inquire to see if he is still eligible.

honors@ucr.edu

Thank you for the info! For the record, he was accepted into the School of Public Policy. Go Highlanders!

My daughter is on the UCR waitlist. How often does UCR release updates on students getting off the waitlist?

Waitlist updates varies from year to year. This year some ELC eligible students that did not receive an admission offer from any of their choice UC’s were offered admission at UCR which is unusual since UC Merced has been the default campus for several years and still is this year. UCR has not gone to the waitlist yet this year.

Here is the timeline for last year which might be a long process as noted below:
Waitlist admits starting May 12. Some waitlisted students were offered open majors (not their 1st or alternate choice) August 2. Waitlist closed later in after August 10.

1 Like

Thank you this info!

1 Like

Which major ?

Public policy–this was not the major he chose for other UC applications (I believe international relations was his first choice) but there are many tracks within the public policy school.

FYI, you can easily change your major online before orientation. We did this and it was very simple and took affect the next day. They even issue a new admissions letter with the new major.

Oh, that is great to know, thank you! I am surprised it is that easy as some majors are very competitive.

Well I wouldn’t assume computer engineering is an option but we switched to Chemistry …fyi

1 Like

Dorm selection date have been emailed. Wondering what date people submitted deposit and what what date/time they got for dorm selection? My daughters roommate is room leader since she put deposit 6/4. She got 7/10 @ 10:15am. Not honors or LLC.

I submitted my contract 5/10 and got July 10th at 3:15pm as my timeslot

Any suggestions on what to pack for the UCR Orientation?

It’s hot. Pack and extra pair of clothes. Take a handheld fan if you have one. Water bottle and good walking shoes. Students should bring bags to check in as parking is far and you get your dorm room key at registration to drop off you bag.