UC Riverside Class of 2027 Official Thread

I have still yet to hear back from UCR. I applied for Music and Culture, my alternate was Art History/Religious Studies. Two of my best friends have already gotten in for Biology (They’re twins btw).

I might be totally wrong, but is UCR doing science and math majors first, and then majors in College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences?

Please let me know if you or someone you know applied to a similar major as me, and the current admission status. It would be really helpful! :grin:

1 Like

UCR posted 2 decision waves last year so there is mostly more admits coming later this month.

1 Like

Hello! I heard back from UCR on March 1 and I am a history major! I was accepted to the College of Letters and Science. So, I’m not sure how they are releasing the decisions- but I wish you the best of luck :))

4 Likes

My dd hasn’t heard from them. Concerned!

Last year there was another admit wave near the end of March.

Not a similar major to yours, but to your friends. I applied as a computer science major. I have not heard anything from UCR yet and the portal says my application is still being reviewed. So it doesnt seem like its by majors.

2 Likes

My daughter was admitted on March 1st to the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Science. Her major is Art, so not sure whether or not the major makes a difference.

2 Likes

S23 was admitted for computer science 03/01.

2 Likes

D23 still hasn’t heard from UCR. She’s quite concerned

I don’t think UCR does rolling admission. The next wave could be next week based on last year’s dates.

I just went to the UCR website and it says Fall 2023 Admissions Notifications are Live. Is this all acceptances, waitlist, and rejections?

1 Like

Only acceptances have posted so far No waitlist or rejections. Also UCR has already started admitting Transfers.

1 Like

S23 got admitted for BS CS 3/01 - In state. Any thoughts on the college/housing? Also admitted to ASU with merit so tuition wise both are the about the same. We are trying to compare.

We haven’t gone that far yet. S23 has admits from a bunch of other schools like UCSC and UMD College Park so still deciding.

Accepted for geophysics! (march 1st)
Unsure of my UC gpa but from transcripts:
uw: 3.9
w: 4.1

extracurriculars:
Started a business for making gear for Service Dogs
Archery
NHS

In-State!

1 Like

No update at portal. Does it mean waitlisted or reject?

No Decision is No Decision.

3 Likes

UCR website is confusing " Fall 2023 Admission notification Live" at the main page. It looks like it already released all the admission notifications just like UCSC yesterday.

there straight capping

no, my son hasn’t got any decision, concerned.

2 Likes