UC Riverside Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Has anyone I got off for School of Business Administration?

1 Like

Has anyone got of CS waitlist?

Has anyone I got off for School of Business Administration?

Anyone got off for engineering?

Has anyone got off for anything in the past few days?

Forgot to post an update. Spoke and they said transferring to CS is guaranteed if I get a 3.0 GPA in certain classes. Decided to stick with Boulder because I liked the school better. Did not come off the waitlist at UCD, and UCSC accepted me for Computer Engineering in the winter term (first time I’ve heard of a college delaying the start time by a semester). No opportunity to transfer into CS at UCSC from CE so I didn’t take their offer either.

2 Likes

Any updates for getting off the waitlist for

School of Business Administration?

Anyone got off waitlist recently?

I got rejected :frowning:

Thank you for applying to the University of California, Riverside and for agreeing to be on our waitlist as we worked through the process to determine if we would have sufficient space in our Fall 2023 incoming first-year class to offer you admission.

Unfortunately, we will not have sufficient space in our Fall 2023 incoming first-year class to make any further admission offers from the waitlist.

i applied for CS, got waitlisted for my second major, data science, then rejected 2 days ago

Waitlisted at UC Riverside for ME, still waiting. Waitlisted at UC Santa Cruz for Robotic Engineering , off waitlist last month for winter quarter admission. Housing will be a big issue even was accepted now. Seems like it is too late for the waitlist decision by the end of July.

Thank you for posting. The statement above to me means the waitlist is closed but apparently maybe only for specific majors?

Interesting that your student still has not heard. I am wondering if there are others that have not received a denial yet?

But I thought they would offer him a open major

They are telling you that there are no more open majors for Freshman.

“WE WILL NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT SPACE . . . [color=red] TO MAKE ANY FURTHER ADMISSIONS OFFERS”.[/color] They’re out of room for any waitlisted FRESHMAN students and are full.

I agree with @aunt_bea that based on the quoted statement, they have basically closed the waitlist but since @HSSeniorDaddy posted their student is still on the waitlist for ME, I am not sure what to think. Historically, the statement means the waitlist is closed.

Just double checked with my son. He checked his mailbox again and found out he received the same denied message on July 28. Sorry for the confusion. I believe UCR closed the waitlist last Friday.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like