**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

I don’t think Reddit links work here. You can check out the UC San Diego RD megathread. Apparently, one AO said by this Tuesday (which passed already), another said something about decisions being ready, but noted a technical issue with emails.

@ig364728 Yes, I guess that could be true. There’s absolutely no way to tell.

2 Likes

I can’t find it

i didn’t want to be the millionth person calling the office, but i did ask the chatbot yesterday if decisions were coming out that day, and i just got this in my email:

Hello *****,

Thank you for your email. Admission decisions will be released later this spring. Please keep checking your UC San Diego Applicant Portal for updates.

Sincerely,
KH

what on earth does this mean lmao

1 Like

@tboooe I think if you read each UC mission statement, you can get an idea where they slant on top of the 13-14 factors. They all emphasis them differently based on the equity of each school.

1 Like

Yep, somebody said that they called and were also told “later this spring”.

that’s so frustrating

Their portal does say by March 31 so it can’t be that much later

thats basically means they are not doing their work and they don’t deserve those application fee

1 Like

they should release the decision before UCLA and UCB

we never know. I think they will release same day as UCLA

In terms of “other factors” to consider, it is counterintuitive to say there is no joint review among UC schools. Just think about this, the all-in-one UC application system is open to all school AOs and it’s super easy to build a database so that when a school got our application, it comes with a list of schools, majors we apply for, and other application info.

I want them to know that we are paying the application fee to let them do their job. Instead of brushing us off

2 Likes

Nobody believes “we don’t do yield protection” from schools these days.

5 Likes

sammmeeee:((

if we can submit our apps on time they better release their decisions on timeeee

2 Likes

lol as an international student I know that UCSB waitlisted someone who scored 120 on the TOEFL test

1 Like

Not a perfect score, but I got 118 ( 30 in all except speaking ) and still got rejected . Really unpredictable :sob:

1 Like

that’s probably means you got accepted by a better one like UCLA and ucb

2 Likes

Fingers crossed haha🤞 but we’ll see

1 Like

toefl isnt the determining factor. They look at ur GPA first, then ur esssays and Ec’s then test scores. and after that they decide if they want u or not. If they do want u they look at ur toefl/ ielts and make further decisions.

2 Likes

do let us know tho!

1 Like