**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Yes, but out of the 8995 admitted only 912 enrolled or 10%. The OOS yield is very low so that is why the acceptance rate is high.

1 Like

When they compare the OOS cost with no merit aid to their other choices, most donā€™t attend.

Hey just a question, I emailed the admissions office saying there has been an update to my grades yesterday, Iā€™m worried if those wonā€™t be considered! Is there any chance they can be considered

UCā€™s do not consider Senior grades in their admissions decisions. Only if you are asked by UCSD to submit Senior grades by receiving a supplemental review, will they be considered.

If there was a mistake with self-reported grades you listed on your UC application, there is no guarantee they will be considered this late in the process.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the reply, i have actually graduated from high school and took a few IB exams in November and sent in those grades to UCSD yesterday, so Iā€™m worried they wonā€™t be considered

I think it is too late since most decisions have been already made but you never know.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true!

Will calling them directly on Monday help it?

They will not be interested in any post graduation IB exam grades this late after application submission. If calling makes you feel better, then contact them.

Iā€™ve noticed that the overall tuition for OOS students at UCā€™s is still lower than the tuition at most private schools.

1 Like

I think the comparison is with other state schools, not the privates. If the COA at UCSD is 40% higher than schools like UIUC, Wisconsin, that would be a big question mark for a similar level of education for the OOS students. My son is very unlikely to attend UCSD if he is accepted this month. CAL and UCLA are comparable to Michigan, but probably at higher costs.

1 Like

I didnā€™t actually apply to any other OOS public schools, so Iā€™m not very familiar with the schools you mentioned. It seems like Michigan has a higher tuition for OOS students compared to Berkeley and UCLA, but obviously financial aid can change that.

I can see that you guys are spoiled as you have so many options in the public school system in CA :slight_smile: Unfortunately, itā€™s not the case for many other states, so we have to look around harder. The COA at U Michigan is close to the UCā€™s, but the cost of living is supposed to be lower.

Iā€™m actually from NY, so I totally understand! :slight_smile:

1 Like

New Jersey here :handshake: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes Tuition is lower but add in Housing, Food, Transportation and other costs, you are looking at $65K/year in a high cost of living area.

2 Likes

Hope that bodes for my pennsylvania ass who would love to go to any of the UCs I applied to

2 Likes

What if weā€™re all being punked and decisions donā€™t come out Friday

1 Like

Well, in that case, weā€™ll wait another week or two.
No one promises that the results will be this Friday; we are all just guessing based on how it was in previous years. Also, do not forget that this year, due to covid, the number of applications has grown, so to be honest, I would not be surprised if they do not post the results this Friday. it seems to me that it is too early, but we will see soon

That would make sense if say UCSB seriously pushed back their release date, but they didnā€™t. I feel like the 12th is quite a realistic estimate