**UC San Diego Class of 2025 Discussion**

Congrats to all on this thread! Son was rejected from UCLA and UCSD OOS, but we move forward. He really needed his test scores to count to make it to these reach schools.

2 Likes

My two were waitlisted at UCSD. They were rejected at UCLA and I think that would probably have been the case even with test scores (34 and 35) but one was also waitlisted at UCSC,and UCSB. I think there would have been less waitlists if the scores had been in play.

2 Likes

@Gumbymom do you know if a student is able to minor in CS or is it impractical to get courses needed? Ty

@NateandAllisMom: Found this information on the UCSD website:

**PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high demand for CSE courses, CS minors do not receive priority for CSE classes and we cannot guarantee you will be able to complete the minor requirements before graduation. Because of this, minor required courses should be taken out of academic interests and not solely to earn the CS minor designation on a transcript. **

1 Like

Great choices for him! Congratulations!

1 Like

I love this one.

GPA W 4.7 not sure about UC GPA
13 APs 6 honors
Tons of STEM including AP Calc BC, AP Statistics, AP Physics C
Just average ECs. Swim, water polo, mountain biking teams, community service, docent at the Dana Point Ocean Institute, choir, art.

Wrote all of her own essays. Didn’t want any help! They were okay but she’s pretty humble so they weren’t fantabulous!

Hope this helps.

This video is outdated for sixth!

1 Like

This is very interesting. Do you have any more information about this move away from clinical psych?

True but it’s good for the others.

Maybe you can help. My son’s plan is to double major in CS and ME. He applied for 1st choice CS and 2nd choice ME. He is admitted to ME with a specialization in Robotics control and movement. Is there still a chance for him to double major in CS and ME. Or he needs to go through the lottery way to transfer to CS as mentioned in previous post? Thanks

Dd was accepted OOS for 6th college for neurobiology.
OOS
No test scores
3.85 uw. 4.14 w
Strong essays & LOR

APs:
World history, Us history, calc, bio, psych, studio art, English Language, English Lit

Honors: Eng 9 & 10, Earth Science, bio, Human A&P, Algebra, Geo & Trig, STEM

ECs:
student council (9-12)-VP (11), secretary (12), attended state and national SC conferences including LEAD DC (9-10), LEAD Chicago (11) and LEAD nationals in Minnesota (10)
Key Club (9-12)
NHS (11-12), PR (12)
Thespians (9-12), advanced thespians (11-12), VP (12)
Teen hospital volunteer (9), advanced teen volunteer (10-12) with over 500 hours between the 2

Awards: school, county & regional level social studies fair winner (9 & 10)
State All-Cast award (11)
Winner of several local singing competitions (9-12)
1st place School art show (10-11)
School talent show winner (9-10)
Published cover artist in literary magazine (11)

Helped establish a teen program to go along with the childrens program thru our local actors guild
Helped set up a program between schools NHS and local hospital program for little gift boxes for lonely COVID patients

Here is what UCSD states about double majors.

** The two majors may not be within the School of Engineering, nor, except with the approval of the Undergraduate Council, within a single department.**

So it looks like a double major may not be possible but perhaps a minor in CS instead. He should talk with his academic advisor during Freshman orientation.

@ayyyling
Also want to note that there are restrictions on the CS Minor: Due to the high demand for CSE courses, CS minors do not receive priority for CSE classes and we cannot guarantee you will be able to complete the minor requirements before graduation. Because of this, minor required courses should be taken out of academic interests and not solely to earn the CS minor designation on a transcript.

1 Like

I’m in Marshall as well!

2 Likes

I was asking about the process of getting into CS from another major.

Thank you for the clarification. To change to CS, you need to take the pre-req courses, maintain the specific GPA and then you are placed into a lottery. No guarantees and you have to wait until Sophomore year to apply for the change of major.

Explanation of the change of major process is linked: CSE Capped Admissions Process | Computer Science

Thanks, you are amazing, you know so much.

Thanks, I am aware of this, thanks to your previous post.

Thanks but actually I am good when it’s comes to research. All this information can be found on the UC websites.

1 Like