UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

well see yall in a week for wave 2
:saluting_face:

does anyone know if they admit from a same major in more than one wave? or is it different majors each wave

I personally think itā€™s same major every wave because seems like ucsb does this

2 Likes

So I really need to know if anyone got off applied math or mathematics in secondary education

My friend is also on the waitlist of Applied math but heard nothingā€¦

1 Like

Ok then thereā€™s no hope for me to get off. Iā€™m leaving this thread thank you guys

soā€¦ anyone get off for scripps?

anyone hear back for pharmacological chemistry?

wait capped majors got accepted? can someone confirm? and if this is true, does that mean the rest of us not in capped majors still have hope?

1 Like

i think itā€™s very situational based on the major, the yield for data science and other capped majors may have allowed for waitlist admits. maybe some uncapped majors meet ucsdā€™s institutional needs already and they donā€™t need more??? both my majors are uncapped so i had slight hope but after today idk :frowning: capped majors get accepted based on previous forums, iā€™m praying for another wave at least sometime next week for the rest of us :pray:t4: iā€™m assuming based on uclaā€™s pattern and the other ucā€™s that they take at least + a couple days maybe to weed out the last wave

yes capped majors did get accepted, does not really affect non capped

1 Like

i think usually theres about 3 waves, so we should get another wave next week sometime and then short listed (final) admits a few days later, this is based off what happened last year with the waves

yeah i agree, gumbymom suggests to not make predictions about the waitlist or if thereā€™s even going to be another wave but itā€™s hard not to :sob: my assumption is that if there is another wave that it would be late next week (18th or 19th) or early the week after. wishing everyone luck <3

My son was accepted at 4:35 pm with an email that his portal status changed. Major: History. College: Roosevelt. Good luck to all of you, I was constantly checking this thread too.

3 Likes

yess, probably around that time, IK that UCLA admitted waitlisted students this past Saturday morning so thereā€™s always a chance they could release the next wave on the weekends

1 Like

sorry but has anyone heard anything abt poli sci admits?

was this before an sir deadline?

does anyone know if the admits from waitlists are equally split between the different waves or is it like the first wave is usually the bulk of admits and the rest are just the leftover?

1. There is no usual # of waves when it comes to any of the UC waitlists. Everything depends upon how many spots are available, how many admits accept their spot and when they reach their target enrollment. So it could be 1, 2,3 or more waves or just some rolling admits throughout the process.

2. UCSDā€™s Residential college choice does not affect your chances of getting off the waitlist. As noted by another poster, the Residential college is only important for the GEā€™s and Location.

3. Last year UCSD had a wave of admits. Then they sent out denials to a batch of waitlisted students and keep a short list of some of the waitlisted students. Then they admitted a few more students from the waitlist before sending denials to the rest.

4 Likes

I think so but im not sure, If iā€™m not mistaken, they admitted some kids on wednesday or thursday and then some more on saturday.

1 Like