UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Adding the link to the UC Undergraduate Admissions Summary.
In 2022, UCSD enrolled 2596 (40%) freshman who identified as Asian, and UCI enrolled 2394 (42%).

1 Like

has anyone gotten off el for electrical engineering yet?

Has anyone gotten off for cog sci?

1 Like

I have not seen any WL admits for Cog Sci (none in search function of this forum), nor have I seen any in A2C Reddit or A2C Discord. My son is also waiting for Cog Sci.

1 Like

Do you guys think the waitlist offers are done? If not when do you think the next wave will come?

1 Like

If there’s another wave it’ll be after the deadline to commit is for the ppl accepted off the first wave. So after the 17th

i saw on zeemee someone said they got off today, did anyone else?

i honestly dont trust if anyone got off waitlist unless a bunch of other ppl also did or they show proof :sob: i havent seen anyone else get off tho

2 Likes

Thank you for such a thoughtful answer. Your response is aligned with my experience a long, long time ago, where the experiences I had were as important as what I learned in the classroom. Everything has gotten so competitive and stressful, so it’s reassuring that this hasn’t changed.

1 Like

is there anyone who got off waitlisted from International Studies - Economics or Public Health with Concentration in Health Policy and Management Sciences?

accepted off waitlist on may 10th for data science & into eighth college!
in-state UC GPA 4.52
will likely stay with UC Berkeley as a statistics major. good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!

8 Likes

when do yall think the next wave is

1 Like

A few days after may 17/18th (the deadline to commit for the first wave) I’m hopeful another wave is coming :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

We have a friend waiting as well. Seems like the first wave was tiny and mostly data science. I wonder if they are waiting for the trickle down effect from the other UC’s as it seems like most UC’s had a larger wave. There must be some movement between the schools. Hopefully tomorrow will bring good news to many.

2 Likes

This!

Guessing end of this week! Good Luck to everyone!

5 Likes

does ucsd take final transcript into account for waitlists?

1 Like

No, they accept no further documentation for waitlisted students other than what was listed on the UC application. No grade updates or final transcripts unless admitted off the waitlist.

2 Likes

are we expecting another wave tmr or friday since today is the SIR deadline for the first wave?

last year it was 9 days after the first wave which would be friday this year, but maybe if they’re quick they will release some tomorrow who knows.

2 Likes