UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

is there a date? i’m just hesitant because i’m sure there would be at least one other person saying something no matter how small the wave is

They released social science undeclared in last wave so I m still thinking this is probably from last wave???

ok i swear on like my math grade that it’s real :sob: i’m coping so hard rn too tbh

did they?? i didn’t see any and that’s my first major so i’m worried :persevere:

1 Like

They could post this today because they are committing to ucsd but not because they got off today.

1 Like

Yeah I know someone got off this major last wave

nah they got in today they texted me asking “help what do i do now i alr committed and found a roommate”

either way, I think that we should approach the waitlists like a nice turn of events that isn’t guaranteed, so hopefully you guys have also found a college that you would like to attend as well!

(guys I’m not trying to tr0ll us I promise I’m also on the waitlist also)

Then it could be they found out today since the email was sent to promotion. Or could you send us a date on the letter? Sorry we are so stressed about the wl

1 Like

some people definitely did get in today. a girl posted on zeemee that she got off the waitlist today. (data science i think)

unless this is just spillover from the same majors from the last wave for people who didn’t take those spots (which is a possibility) if they’re just trying to fill in those departments first? data science is impacted and I’m not quite sure about the undeclared ones

Oh no so they are releasing the same majors as they did in last wave. Then I guess other majors that didn’t get off in the first probably never gonna get off.:sob:

The ones who got off today I believe were undeclared and Data Science, that’s all I’ve seen so far. I think this is a really bad sign as they’re filling in spots from perhaps the last wave. This may indicate that they don’t need to fill the other majors.

I’m still on the waitlist and if this is the case I am going to be so distraught and sad :sob:

Are you sure the one from ZeeMee is from today? I thought it is from last wave but did not check the email until another email in today as reminder.

1 Like

I agree and at least someone will post here if there is another wave today. Can not be all from same school (handful means a lot from same school).

Yes, I checked. The data science major said they got off the WL today

WAIT NEVERMIND. FALSE FLAG. They got the email only today, but they were from the last wave. Sorry!!

2 Likes

I hope that my classmates’s emails were from last week then and they just forgot to check :skull: but at the same time that means that they have until midnight to decide ig that would be pretty stressful

1 Like

if they’ve taken off undeclared social sciences already does that mean they won’t again?

Also last year didn’t they release two days in a row anyways so you never know and this year has been super wacky I’ve gotten waitlisted at 4 UCs and gotten off of 3 already but this is my top choice :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yes, I hope it was from last week. if it is from today it is a very bad sign for other majors besides data science