UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

I applied to data science, is there still a chance for me to get in from my alternate major?

i heard it happened with other majors, but havent heart any for. data science

do you guys think they might release on the weekend?

ik ucla did but i’m not sure

1 Like

I know 2 people who got off the waitlist for data science but did not take it. So there is still hope for more data science admits.

UCSD has known their initial yield for nearly 3 weeks now since decision day. With each passing day, their waitlist yield evaporates more (including e.g. the two data science students mentioned in the above post). As does our hope. Every UC has a gymnasium full of admissions staff. They just processed 20x as many applicants in the regular round. Maybe they’re taking well-earned vacations now but, the other UCs have been able to process most of their waitlist by now. I’m losing faith. SIRed to UCSC. Hey it’s only one letter different… Takeaway is: all UCs are large, bureaucratic, and not unlike monopolies. Start adjusting to this reality, in anticipation of the next 4 years at whatever UC.

6 Likes

U Mich did have a waitlist release yesterday at 3 pm EST and Northwestern about a week ago so there will still be some ongoing shifting

3 Likes

The fact that most of their WL pulled in the first ‘wave’ was almost entirely Data Science majors shows that all of the other majors are most likely filled, or very close to filled at this point.

I think we would be lucky to even have another wave at this point, as May is almost up.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they were going for capped majors first, because historically that’s what they’ve done, now if there are future waves it’d predominantly be noncapped

There were very few other capped majors in the first wave besides Data Science in the first wave.

it’s mostly all-capped majors tbh. The engineering majors and data science. There were even a few public health. It kinda sucks for waitlists at the school of biological sciences, but other than that, the only non capped majors to my knowledge was econ, and that could just be explained with an extremely low yield for that major

all im saying is idt its the end just yet

there were public health majors that got off the last wl? i mostly saw engineering, ds, very few econ/history

1 Like

yea there were a few

at least i think i saw so on zeemee

Waiting for it too :sob:

1 Like

depending on future waitlist admits it becomes clearer, if its more data science ggs to everyone else, if its other majors there is hope for all

Welp I’ve given up hope if there were public health majors last wave, means that I’m probably not gonna get off

1 Like

there has to be another wave right​:sob::sob:?

Any chance for chem major get off the wl? :sob: :sob:

1 Like