UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

same

1 Like

Were there any waitlist admits besides the May 10th wave?

Did any cognitive science majors get off

i dont believe so, didnt see anyone get off that wasnt on may 10

none on this forum, someone said a week ago they have not seen any on a2c discord/reddit either

do we still have hope?

I’m going to be honest it’s looking very bad right now.

I will say, the good news is that we will 99% certain basically get a final answer this week. Our pain can finally end and we can get a swift death instead of us suffering anymore.

1 Like

they have to release another wave or pull some off for sure this week.

1 Like

ive honestly accepted the fact that im not going to be attending ucsd atp LOL part of me still has hope tho since there were people who either didnt accept the waitlist offer or who were committed to ucsd but got off another waitlist and uncommitted

1 Like

Literally crying in bed rn

1 Like

real… i visited ucsd for fun today and cried on campus LOL </3

i didnt see any in the ucsd zeemee, just engineering and data sci there

1 Like

did you talk to ucsd and get confirmation that we would know this week? or is it just speculation based on how the waitlist has been moving?

The office of admissions is closed right now but if we do not see waitlist movement tomorrow i’ll probably call them to confirm because this whole process is dragging out for a long time and I’d like some clarity before I graduate

My guess would be that if they do release people off of the waitlists it won’t be until after their office of admissions closes (which is at 4:30 pm PST)

Look at the timeline from last year: Waitlist timeline: Admits on May 9 and May 18. Some rejections May 23. Short listed admits May 17. Final rejections on June 18-30.

None of the UC’s are obligated to keep students in the loop about their waitlist decisions but at least UCSD did deny some of the waitlisted students earlier so they could move on last year. Again, the waitlist admits will depend upon the UCSD institutional priorities so they are going to do what is best for their school and necessarily the waitlisted students.

I understand everyone’s frustration but unfortunately that is part of the being on a waitlist since you are in limbo. Embrace the school’s you have enrolled in and only patience and time will help with the waitlist decisions.

2 Likes

Same I cried in bed

Thanks for all that you do to support this Forum. Could you explain what is meant by “Short listed admits May 17 (2022),” as in how is that different from “Admits on May 18th”?

ahh so it is more just speculation. if you do call, please let me know what they say. my first reply was meant to be more of a message to say to not give up hope yet because it’s not confirmed we all will be rejected yk? just keep ur heads up :slight_smile:

Last year UCSD did something different with their waitlist. Instead of sending out denials and then closing the waitlist at the end of the process, they denied a group of waitlisted students and keep others on a short list in which they used to admit if more spots opened. The shortlisted group were finally given their decision of a denial in June, so a long drawn out process.

2 Likes