UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Any idea for computer engineering

Sorry, no idea. To be honest, I was surprised with so many waitlist admits for a capped major like Data Science. The majority of waitlist admits historically have been non-capped majors.

any idea for neurobiology or psychology ba?

1 Like

did anybody see anything for public health

also we are expecting something tmr correct?

No idea. I do not work admissions and they are the only ones that will have any information regarding enrollment numbers and available spots which changes every year. Sorry no predictions. Since there is waitlist movement at the majority of the UC’s, I would expect there could be more spots available.

1 Like

as helpful as gumbymom is, gumbymom isn’t the admission office and can’t really answer some of these questions :sob: we can only speculate as to what wlist movement will look like from here on out

5 Likes

also just a friendly reminder that you can always use the search function for this forum (top right and click “in this forum”) and for the a2c discord if ur tryna find waitlist info about ur specific major!!

2 Likes

Agree. This year is so different for the wl movement. So far most of the off wl are capped major which is super surprise to me. Super hard to predict otherwise will apply for those majors

During the year in which 0 people were admitted off the waitlist, do you recall what movement was like at other UCs? Was there around the same or less movement when compared to this year?

Maybe they don’t release on weekends and needed more time than they did last year :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I posted waitlist stats from the last few years on each of the UC Waitlist discussions so you can look up the specific numbers.

For 2021 most of the campuses had lower than average waitlist admits. UC Davis also did not admit anyone off their waitlist just like UCSD.

2 Likes

A bit ironic that Data Science wasn’t able to more accurately predict their yield

4 Likes

I think that with Covid and the test blind policy changes, yield has been difficult to predict overall.

3 Likes

I saw ucsb admitting stats and data science off wl and I personally was accepted off wl from ucd for data science. So maybe it’s just not too many people want data science nowadays because the AI things will replace a lot of ds jobs. But I’m still regretting that I didn’t apply ds at ucsd :joy:

When is the next wave of acceptances expected?

lol why are you asking me this? No one knows lol

1 Like

One of my friends called and they told me ucsd said that they’d be releasing the next wave in 2-3 weeks. She told me that the person she spoke with said the waitlist isn’t closed yet so I guess that’s a good sign, just sucks I won’t get a definite answer by graduation

nahhh ■■■

2-3 weeks who tf they waiting on

bruh i think thats going to be all rejections

1 Like