UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

half of my classmates applied as an applied math major because they think ds and cs are too competitive and ended up math departments are filled but lack of people in ds :joy:

UCD released applied math last week, at least i know one.

2 Likes

Has political science come out?

Not for me, I’m Political Science and Psychology, and I haven’t gotten anything from UCSD.

poli sci over here, not one person has gotten one which looks bad ngl.

3 Likes

Property tax only go to local school, K to 12, from what I read. Then, people without kids and people without college-age kids are also paying for all the taxes that you mentioned. They goes to the whole California school system, UC, State U and community college.

UCs only “plan” to take the top 9% in the senior classes. The State U and CC will pickup the remaining “college-ready” students. All these schools are supported by your tax. Feel free to go to any of these other states school (CC is completely free) to get your tax money worth.

Personally, my kid went to CC and transfer to UCSD. I think the system is great. I also know kids that go to state U for under graduate and UC for master and PhD.

She went to American River College and transfer to UC Davis. She recently donated buildings to both ARC and UC Davis to support engineering students. My tax money is “nothing” compare to her donation.

1 Like

Do waitlist students have to submit final transcripts to ucsd?

No, you only submit final transcripts if you are admitted and enroll.

2 Likes

are we predicting another wave today?

Anyone get off for Public Health with Concentration in Medicine Sciences, B.S

i would think maybe not :// the sir deadline was yesterday right?

Same actually.

maybe there will be something today whether it’s rejections or acceptances

3 Likes

I doubt it (at least going off last year). there were 3 waves last year, with the 3rd wave coming out in mid-June. I think the third wave will come out at a similar time this year

but this is all just speculation

1 Like

yes and they also released some rejections before that third wave

Will there be another wave considering the fact that today is the first day of June?? Not looking too good tbh.

bruh the wait is killing me

4 Likes

Was there anything that was released today? There hasn’t been any rejections, right? No other releases since May 22nd?

1 Like

I lamd a US citizen
O live and pay taxes in california.my daughter is in her senior year at ucla and they always considered her a non resident because she areived one year before I did.
We pay full tuition as an oos
now my son who was living with his dad and was attending an international school (even though he is on my taxes), is waitlisted as an international student!!! Lowest quota is for the international students! My scenrio is the worst.

1 Like

pulled my spot on the waitlist, best of luck to the rest of yall!

4 Likes