UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Judging from this thread it seems like it was a trickle but I don’t know if there were any more

is UCSD still sending acceptance letters for students on the waitlist?

I got released from the waitlist and rejected from ucsd at 6:30 PM cst today

1 Like

did you get an email or was it on your portal?

Both

1 Like

are you a public health major

1 Like

yes

Has anyone been rejected for a different major?

1 Like

I have been released (rejected) from the waitlist earlier today. Intended major was CS. All good though, got off Cornell waitlist and enrolling there :smile:

5 Likes

congrats on Cornell!! That’s huge!

1 Like

I’m Political Science and Psychology and still waiting :slight_smile: Hoping this is a good sign.

2 Likes

still waiting for oceanic and atmospheric science… is that a good sign?

has anyone heard anything today?

nothing for me

1 Like

I commit UCI bio science last month, but I got of waitinglist of UCSD cell biology. Should I choose UCSD bio?
Thx

You were accepted off the UCSD waitlist today? Choose whichever school you feel you would excel academically and want to spend the next 4 years attending. One is not better than the other in terms of academics. Social scene could be different depending upon what you are looking for in activities/location. What is your end goal as a Bio/Cell Biology major?

How far into the process are you at UCI? Have you signed up for Orientation, Housing and found roommates?

nothing for me either, math major

1 Like

In UCI, just signed for orientation and housing.

UCSD off waitinglist last week . But I heard UCSD cell biology is capped major, UCSD biology is best in UCs

All Biological Sciences are Capped at UCSD and Biological Sciences is Impacted at UCI.

“Best” based on whom’s ranking since UC Berkeley and UCLA are ranked higher than UCSD depending upon whom is doing the ranking?

You are going to get a great education at either UCI or UCSD. Ranking differences are minuscule and it is up to you to succeed not the name of the school. Pick the school where you would be happiest and affordable.

3 Likes

Just stay at UCI and get someone an opportunity to earn that better biology program at UCSD.

2 Likes