UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

I don’t think it’s over until it’s over. My daughter got off 3 UC waitlists (UCSC (quite early) and UC Irvine and UC Davis this past three weeks). At this point, there is a domino effect; people get off waitlists and move, and spots open up at other schools, and it’s likely school major/college-specific. I doubt that they are done pulling from the waitlist. At this point, my daughter is happy with her choice and is not interested in any of the UCs, so there are likely going to be those that don’t accept new offers, and they’ll continue to move down the list (they usually give them 7-10 days to respond).

4 Likes

When did your daughter get into UC Irvine? And what school is she attending if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

the math majors are all uncapped, so any number of people can switch to it

We are on the UCSB waitlist and I know if my son were to get in, we would accept, thus opening a spot at UCSD.

2 Likes

DS just received a denial from UCSB.

1 Like

On the SD homepage it says that the they will close the waitlist at the end of june so we will hopefully know by next Saturday :melting_face:

2 Likes

MY SON will be accepted on SUNDAY ! OK ! HELLO UCSD

4 Likes

UC Irvine on May 3rd and UC Davis on June 1st. She’s attending USC. Had she heard from Davis or Irvine earlier, she might have made another decision, but she’s psychologically invested in USC now and for her major (Art, BA) USC is best choice, albeit the most expensive one :frowning:

1 Like

anything today?

nope, I wouldn’t expect anything this weekend

I WOULD … UCSD GET BUSY … ok

3 Likes

sdsu just closed their waitlist… the end is near :frowning:

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: UCSD accept my babie

i just got off the waitlist for cal state long beach, maybe there’s still hope for ucsd!!

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cal State Long Beach Class of 2027 Official Thread

At this point in time it’s safe to say that NO ONE is getting in off waitlist anymore. Prepare for batch of thousands rejections in the next couple of days. Be happy with college choice that you made and enjoy!

2 Likes

We will be declining UCSD tomorrow, so at least there’ll be one spot open!

1 Like

May I ask what major it is? :pray:

Environmental Studies

1 Like