UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

are they really waiting until june 30th to send out their rejections… i cant believe it bruh

Make that two please, my son has withdrawn his acceptance from econ/math joint major.

1 Like

May i ask what school they chose instead?

1 Like

May i ask what school you chose over ucsd?

UC Berkeley

4 Likes

And 3…our son (also Econ/Math) just accepted UMich.

3 Likes

Everyone who’s saying they are commuting elsewhere PLEASE withdraw your spot ASAP so hopefully other people can be admitted before the wave of rejections on the 30th!

6 Likes

Sorry but why are u still on the waitlist when u don’t even want to go there? Give others the opportunity they want. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

Yea :sob::pray:

3 Likes

When kids get off other waitlists, they choose other schools. Domino effect.

1 Like

So after you get into the school you actually want you should update ur waitlist status so your not on it anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which is what we are doing today.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist majoring in Public Health with Concentration in Medicine Sciences, B.S. haven’t heard a single person.

that was my alternate major, I haven’t received anything for that as well

i know there were people who both got off and got rejected for public health but idk what their concentrations were

Does this mean that most likely all the admits have are done and if you haven’t heard and are still on the waitlist tomorrow there should be a rejection? My student is pretty set on the school she accepted but I think she would like to know one way or the other.

1 Like

I posted last year’s Waitlist timeline as a reference but each year will vary when they close the waitlist so nothing is set in stone. Only admissions knows if they have reached their target enrollment and when they will close the waitlist. The longer the process takes, the less likely that there were be any significant number of admits. If your daughter is set on her current school and wants some closure, there is always the option to email admissions and remove yourself from the waitlist. It is not unheard of that schools may keep their waitlists open well into August.

Thank you for the info and clarification. :slight_smile:
I asked and she doesn’t want to remove herself from the waitlist.

1 Like

does this mean ucsd could extend the waitlist even though they said we would for sure know by the end of June? are they allowed to do that?

Admissions can do whatever they want regarding the waitlist but historically they have closed the Freshman waitlist at the end of June.

Some UC’s have stated they will keep their waitlists open till August.