UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

i’m so sorry to ask but what would you say could be compelling evidence? i recently won a competition in my county with a group and i was the coder for it and i thought maybe that could show my further interest in continuing computer science in a biological sense since that was the topic of the project

2 Likes

i saw on their website and they said like grades and classes were examples which doesn’t rly apply to me cause my grades were never really low and i’ve always taken ap classes and such so i don’t think i would qualify there T_T

Yes, awards/competitions along with final transcripts, AP/IB scores, special projects, family or medical issues that were not discussed on the original application which could affect your academics etc…

Appeals are rarely granted and documentation is key.

got it, thank you! i think i might appeal with it and just see where it goes but honestly i’m very happy with how things are now at my current school too so we’ll see :blush:

1 Like

UC’s do not consider SAT scores and National Merit status in their admission decisions. Sorry to hear but I am sure you will be succeed wherever you end up. It is fine to vent, but please do not make rude comments about the many hard working students that were also waitlisted. Hindsight: To make your NM status and high SAT work for you, next time target schools that will appreciate it.

6 Likes

Why do I still have no update??? What am I missing?

Anyone accepted today ?

1 Like

did you log into your portal too?

Logged in and everything is still the same, and no email…

rejected from WL today. Not too dissapointed since I’m committed to UCD which i prefer over SD bc it’s closer to home.

1 Like

look at the words above the status update

There is nothing above the status update…Its driving me crazy

Rejected off UCSD Waitlist today. Didn’t get email but checked portal. Already committed UCR. Good luck to the rest!

1 Like

Oh really yours still says something like “you have opted into the waitlist”?

There is nothing on mine either but I’m on mobile…

1 Like

Are rejected waitlists allowed to appeal at UCSD?

Yep

I’ve tried mobile and desktop…no updated. I just want to get this over with already

Yes! No change. I’ve tried both mobile and desktop and nothing has updated. Just want to get it over with.

finally come to the end: rejected.