UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

does it have to be information from BEFORE the nov 30 deadline or can it be stuff from our senior year that we achieved after the deadline? if that makes any sense

Anything new after you submitted your UC application.

1 Like

I would check with admissions to find out the deadline for a waitlist appeal since the original decision appeals were due end of March which was a few weeks after the decision. Just be aware that appeals are rarely granted and as a waitlisted student, your application has been throughly reviewed.

I didn’t get anything, can someone show a screenshot of what I should look for

1 Like

What is your major? My son still hasn’t had a portal update. He applied Math-CS.

Ditto!

Biology & no update

1 Like

There is no decision letter. Look above the status update text. It’s a rejection.

1 Like

I don’t have this

Did you receive and email from ucsd saying status update? And can you send a pic of what ur portal looks like then?

No email update. Portal looks the same as always.

1 Like

so you didn’t opt into the waitlist

Opted in on March 17

1 Like

1 Like

It’s different from mine before I got rejected today it said something like “you have opted into the waitlist” and there is a big waitlist confirmation image above those words

1 Like

Yup, our portal is identical. My son opted in on 3/17 as well. The top of the screen never changed (with the huge letters and sunset). It only showed a green check at the bottom confirming his acceptance of waitlist offer. There was never a new “You have opted into waitlist” message.

2 Likes

mine used to look like this

wait hold on not this