UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

i can’t find one with the words but the photo looks like this after I submitted my waitlist

found one online so my guess is just they rejected all the waitlist and you probably didn’t opted in appropriately

I have not received my waitlist decision either today. My screen is the same as A_Truckey. It does confirm that I clicked Yes to opt into the waitlist, so I don’t know what’s up with that. I will try calling admissions to see if decisions are final…

My son’s screen is the same as both of yours. I double checked what it looked like on a mobile device and it didn’t change. If I click “Display” next to waitlist offer confirmation green checkmark, it does indeed confirm that he opted in. Not sure why the top display header is different for some…

1 Like

Sucks, I knew my son getting a “B” in AP Bio would ruin his chances. Told him that you can’t get a B and expect to get excepted to UCSD. He got rejected today, but I already knew.

1 Like

ur logic is flawed.

3 Likes

one B wont ruin his chances :sob:

10 Likes

It says rejected WL cannot appeal, but others are saying otherwise… do you guys have the link or info for it?

Go to your admission letter, click where it says FAQ, Click on the 2nd option - Appeals, it’ll confirm that you can appeal (due date July 14th)

1 Like

I just realized that on the actual appeal form it says submit by June 26th? I think it’s flawed as in the faq it says we’re able to after all first year waitlist decisions are out…

you might want to call admissions about that? i was really confused about the dates for when we could actually submit an appeal too, but honestly the lack of a straight answer plus all this waiting kind of steers me away from wanting to appeal personally

Same as me

I opted into the waitlist seconds after SD released decisions. I emailed them about not getting the waitlist confirmation part on the screen and they said they weren’t gonna change anything cuz they see that I opted into the waitlist

1 Like

Yes, I also don’t have a decision…opted in on 3/17 as well

UC Davis!

I have the same thing you and A_Truckey do. Did you end up calling admissions? Also, what major are you guys?

I haven’t yet. Curious to hear why ours is different!

Whats ur major? Im CS

I’m applied math so sort of similar.

i think they said earlier their major is biology, so it seems this issue is mostly happening to people who opted in on 3/17 ? that’s really odd