UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

same :,)

1 Like

Can anyone who has been accepted see their financial aid package? I am OOS and it says “Financial Aid Offer is currently unavailable.” Anyone know if thats a site crash or if I just don’t have a package yet?

Twin who is getting accepted is a boy dancer who is gay and spoke about both in his essays which I think stood out. Other guy is a varsity and club swimmer plus ECs, much more conventional and common.

5 Likes

Very cool! Congratulations!

1 Like

Please post and look for stats here: UCSB Class of 2025 Stats

That’s very interesting that one twin got accepted and the other got waitlisted. Can you share what the ECs are, since that’s likely the secret sauce?

Bruhhh what

I am losing hope at this point, even with a decent GPA not stellar GPA ( my only weak link), lots of AP’s, multiple captaincy, very high test score, relevant XC for computer science & an exceptional hook in CS field, essays are pretty good based on a few people who read it & got rejected. I have the top 9% ELC also. Applied for CS. I don’t have hope for the other UC’s now. This is so disappointing. Happy for others who made it.

3 Likes

This is great! D accepted to CS. No scholarship.
She already accepted to UCSC & UIUC, both CS. Also accepted to UW & UCI, but not 1st choice CS. I think UCSB has lower/better student faculty ratio than UCSC, 1:17 vs 1:24. We live in NorCal. Love to drive down to SB!
In-state UW 3.91 UC Capped & Uncapped 4.57. SAT 1550 (RW 780 M 770).

3 Likes

As an OOS student, you should expect to pay full fees at any UC unless you receive Regents or another merit scholarship. UC’s offer little FA for OOS students and if you run the Net price calculator, you will find that out for yourself.

1 Like

Accepted one is boy dancer who is gay and wrote about both in his essays. I think that stood out. He has done high level musical theater for years, years of vocal and dance training. (But not applying for theater or dance.)Volunteered at a book project which distributes donated books to teachers who need them for their students.

Other guy varsity and club swimmer, team captain this year. theater tech apprentice and then volunteer for years. volunteered and very active to get pool bond measure passed to build a new city pool, spoke at city council. much more conventional and came across that way in essays.

3 Likes

S21 accepted to Pre-Econ.
In State
4.0UW, 4.3 UC GPA
11 APs, full computer science pathway(but didn’t apply to CS given it’s so impacted but will explore tech classes to balance econ).
Decent ECs (with leadership on sports) but not “Change the world ECs” like I’ve seen from some extraordinary students .
2 PIQs had soccer as the subject (UCSB has a big soccer commuity -not sure if that helped as far as ‘fit’).
Accepted to UCI (business), TBD on UCD and UCSD. Crickets from Cal Poly SLO for business.

4 Likes

Do you know if those limited OOS merit awards would be included with the admission acceptance or come at a later time? Not expecting need-based aid from UCSB, but my daughter’s portal also says Financial Aid Offer is unavailable.

Son waitlisted for UCSB CS, accepted at UCSC, SDSU, & CSFullerton for Media Art (interested in video game design), accepted at SJSU for AeroEngineering, rejected UCI AeroEngineering. Still waiting for CalPolySLO and UCLA - Aero. Now to make some hard choices.

This matches what I was told by a high school counselor earlier this year, that UCSB had exhausted its waitlist in 2020. Obviously lots of reasons students might defer or take gap or make other choices for freshman year in 2020 craziness.

My son has been admitted to CS - Instate.
GPA : UCUW 4.0 ; UC Capped 4.33 ; UC Uncapped 4.75
SAT Math2 : 800; ACT 36
13 AP Courses (5 and 4)
13 College Courses in Math/CS/Econ

5 Likes

we are in the same boat. school counselor is stunned, as are we.

What major was your son accepted for?

This year seems to be the most difficult year for admissions. Unfortunate.

1 Like

@Mickman: Financial aid packages should be available within a few weeks after receiving an acceptance. The timelines vary from UC campus to UC campus and it should include any merit awards. Regents and Chancellor scholar recipients historically were notified at the time of admission but this year, everything is different.

1 Like