UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

If you can call a bunch of Waitlists as a decision :wink:

4 Likes

Hi, do you know the diff between the April 9th Open House vs the 75 min Admitted Student Tour at UCSB ? Is it necessary to attend both or it is sufficient to attend just the Open House ? Thanks ! My son is admitted to UCSB.

The open house should suffice. The admitted student tours are for students who can’t make the open house. Note that several universities have their open house on April 9.

1 Like

Is there an opportunity during the open house to get details about your chosen major? Talking with either the kids or faculty in the CS department.

Not sure. They haven’t had an in-person open house in a couple of years. My guess is that each department will have students there to talk to. Not sure about faculty.

May I ask how your daughter has a 4.33 GPA UW? My rising senior has never had anything under an A, yet has a 4.0 UW. His W is much higher.

Many posters will use their HS GPA on their transcript than try to calculate the correct UC GPA’s. Some schools give more than a 4.0 for an A+ Grade. UC’s do not consider +/-. OP could have also made a typo. Regardless correct calculated UC UW GPA will be 4.0.

I always take stats listed here with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

My D22 just received a Regents award by regular snail mail today, FYI.

11 Likes

Awesome! Was it a big certificate in a navy blue folder?

Congratulations!

2 Likes

It was indeed a certificate in a blue folder! :smile:

3 Likes

Hi all, late to post but wanted to include stats for future reference.

Daughter rejected for Computer Science:
In-state
UW: 3.95
UC Weighted Capped: 4.28
UC Weighted Uncapped: 4.64

Congrats to all who were admitted and good luck to those who are waitlisted!

1 Like

How many regent award do UCSB gives out?

We got the regents award by regular snail mail today too. Do you get priority for class registration with this in UCSB?

1 Like

May I ask where you are from? We are on the east coast….hoping maybe to get something on Monday :crossed_fingers:.

We are in-state(non-local though). Yes, it might take longer to get for out-of-state for sure. We already had the engineering honors tab in her admitted student page (seems that was due to this regents scholar)

Thanks so much for the info! Congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

No, Regents do not receive priority registration at UCSB.

https://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/docs/default-source/default-document-library/regents-scholars-program-info-sheet-2021

1 Like

Looks like housing is a pretty big perk for regents considering the well documented issues in recent times.

3 Likes

Yes priority housing is a perk. It is not offered to honors students.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from financial aid?