UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Yes, got it. What does that even mean? Are we supposed to call/text them in the next 11 days and tell them how anxiety ridden we are and just need to talk? Lol.

6 Likes

Did you try texting back? Wonder if it is a chatbot AI or a real person on the other end. Will they ghost us? :ghost:

No I’m too scared! Hahaha. So I’ll :ghost: them I guess! Lol

1 Like

anyone has trouble access their portal? I tried so many times to set up account and password, and always success (receiving email). But unable to log in at all. I tried with both UCSB Perm Number or UC Application ID and both numbers… never worked… :frowning: I am about to give up on checking status for my son. :face_exhaling:

I can’t help with the logging in, but in terms of the stress / checking, UCSB announced that their decisions will be announced on March 22nd, so you might find it helpful to hang on for a bit.

2 Likes

I know it’s not out yet (I am monitoring this thread, so I would know if people started sharing)… but just frustrated that I can’t even log in… my son has other acceptance and most likely will not attend UCSB. But I like to have all the options to compare with each other. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have the same issue, can not log in my account

1 Like

How do you interpret the texts? A “likely” text? Not everyone received them.

Wait really?? I thought everyone received them.

It is not a likely text.

When you applied, you had the option to enter your cell and agree to communication via text. Many applicants chose not to receive text messages.

5 Likes

I remember. Txt was selected and was opted in to, but no text.

While it’s hard to find a reason for sending a text that says “we’re here to support you” as you await your decision, after looking at the prior year I was able to find at least one person who got the text, but did not gain admission. So I wouldn’t worry that you did not get the text.

1 Like

Don’t overthink the text. My kid got the text… and will not be getting into Santa Barbara. It was an absolute stretch school for them.

4 Likes

Does UCSB have an honor’s program? If so, when would they find out if they are admitted into it?

They have both honors and Regents. UCSB normally notifies both Regents and honors students in advance but they have not this year.

In recent years, UCSB has changed the benefits that both honors and Regents students receive. Neither receive priority course registration. Here is a Daily Nexus article about the change. Regents still receive priority housing but I don’t see that listed as an honors benefit anymore.

Effective 2021, if a student isn’t offered a spot in the honors program at admission, they can apply for it after they SIR. Honors Frequently Asked Questions | Division of Undergraduate Education - UC Santa Barbara

On a side note, CCS housing used to be in San Rafael. Moving it to Santa Rosa is a smart move as it is right next door to CCS.

7 Likes

Thank you for your informative response!!

as I’ve been on these forums, I’m learning so much! Am going this forum to my underclassmen friends/teammates. I was rereading above how admission decisions are made. For example College of L & S, choice of major is not considered. I chose Undeclared and then a specific major both within Letters and Science. Do I look like I didn’t read the information correctly by doing this? Asking another way: if I’m admitted to a specific college “Letters and Science” - I’m admitted, doesn’t matter what my major is (except dance and music). Why would I bother putting another major down as an alternate within same college? Did I make a big mistake?

1 Like

UCSB does not admit by major to the College of Letters and Sciences. Although you can list an alternate major, the alternate major is not considered unless you are applying for the College of Engineering.

Some majors which are impacted like Biological Sciences or Econ, will require pre-req courses and a specific grades/GPA to declare the major.

For a “top” school, this board seems pretty chill and drama-free. Is this relfective UCSB’s campus personality? Good luck to all next week.

8 Likes

I think it’s more about the fact that UCSB announced decisions will come on the 22nd, so nobody has to speculate or play portal astrology on this thread like is done for other schools

27 Likes