UC Santa Barbara vs. UC Irvine?

I got admitted to both for political science (my second choice major) and am having trouble deciding which school to commit to. Whichever school I go to, I will try changing my major to one that is in the business or computer science field. I was also not granted money to either school. I’ll list below the things I like and don’t like about each school.
SANTA BARBARA: I am in love with the campus, the environment, and the overall vibes you get over there. I just think it would be a more social environment than UC Irvine, and I like that it’s not a commuter school. I am from San Jose so this school would be closer to my home. I love this school better overall, but I don’t know if it’s the best choice academically since there isn’t as much majors as UC Irvine. Plus, their only business type major is economics. Many people don’t like UCSB because they see it as “isolated” but I really like it because it seems more like a “college town”
IRVINE: I like that there is more majors to choose from, and from what I’ve heard, it seems like it’s easier there to switch majors. I don’t like that it’s a commuter school, and even though it’s near LA, I don’t have a car so the surrounding area would be pointless. They seem less social, and this would probably cause me to join a sorority (because the social aspect means a lot to me) which I’m trying not to do since it’s expensive.
Any thoughts? And also do you guys know which option would be cheaper? Seeing as to how if I go to SB I wouldn’t have to always take a plane, and if I go to Irvine I would. Also, I think the housing is cheaper at Irvine? I don’t really know, HELP

Both are equal and fantastic schools imo.

You seem like you would be happier at UC Santa Barbara, so definitely commit to UCSB. Also, Santa Barbara is definitely cheaper than Irvine as a city. Irvine is VERY expensive actually. The average rent in Irvine is a whooping $1,832. Santa Barbara’s average rent is $1,469. Relax, both schools have been argued consistently on who’s better overall, and the general conclusion is that both of the reputations are equal.

source: areavibes

@elefish92 Agreed, UCSB, UCI, and UCD are all generally in the same tier.